Guitar Player's Thread

Do any of you play classical guitar out of curiosity? I'm a newb at it and am wanting to learn fun-sounding tunes to play that aren't too hard. Any general recommendations? As of now the only ones I play are from video games such as Zelda or Chrono Trigger :p

Bouree by Bach.

Any random movie themes like Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, James Bond theme.

Here's what I collected or rearranged so far (Look in the games folder).
http://files.filefront.com/Filmmusikrar/;11383315;/fileinfo.html

Do any of you play classical guitar out of curiosity?

Yeah, there was a period I played lots of classical stuff. I know some short parts of various pieces including "La catedral" and "Recuerdos de la alhambra". Not playing much anymore, didn't have the patience to develop speed and strenght in my right hand for the fingerstyle stuff.

This question might sound random, but do any of you guys know what mic's bodom has been using on their cabs in the studio?
Does anyone have any photos that may have a shot of their cab mic'd up in the studio? pre-AYDY
I dotn think there are any picture of that.

The only picture i'm aware of is this one:
DSC00647.jpg

I think a SM57 (you have one, right?) can do the job, but with lots of eq.

Do any of you play classical guitar out of curiosity? I'm a newb at it and am wanting to learn fun-sounding tunes to play that aren't too hard. Any general recommendations? As of now the only ones I play are from video games such as Zelda or Chrono Trigger :p
On the one hand, Chet Atkins stuff like Mr. Sandman (a bit hard at some places): [ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=n-c66SJPuUI[/ame]

And on the other hand, learn to harmonize melodies for one guitar. Take the melody and add the options of the key to get a chord.

Perhaps shredtastical comes by, he plays classical a lot iirc.

Yeahh, I was trying to figure out what they did in the past with the lee-jackson setup, as far as microphone and mic placement. I hate mic-placement its such a bitch for me to get exactly how I want it to sound.

Software question:

Anyone know if this USB "Steinberg Key" is required for running the Cubase products? I can't seem to figure it out. Seems weird to me that first you buy a product and in order to get it to work you'll have to buy this separate USB "Steinberg key"-thing.

I now have a cracked version of Cubase SX 3, but it works badly with Vista, so I thought about buying the Cubase SE3 which is kind of a light version with less features (I don't use many features anyway).

BTW, here is this Steinberg key I'm talking about:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/hardware/hardware_steinbergkey.html

Thanks if anyone can help me out on this one.

I think if you buy the full version of Cubase SE 3, the key will be included. But if you already have Cubase SE 1 (this key didn't exist at the time of the release) and want to upgrade to SE 3, you'll have to buy the USB key.
That's at least how I understood this text:

*The Steinberg Key (USB copy protection device) required to run this product is only available in the full version. Customers who are upgrading or updating from another version or product and who do not own a Steinberg Key must purchase one separately. The same Steinberg Key copy protection device is then used for all Steinberg products that require it.

I think if you buy the full version of Cubase SE 3, the key will be included. But if you already have Cubase SE 1 (this key didn't exist at the time of the release) and want to upgrade to SE 3, you'll have to buy the USB key.
That's at least how I understood this text:

Thanks alot Corny! What you said seems reasonable to me. I'll just get Cubase SE3 and hope the key is included. :kickass:

The key isn't expensive anyway, but I don't want to waste money on it if I don't have to.

Bouree by Bach.

Any random movie themes like Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, James Bond theme.

Here's what I collected or rearranged so far (Look in the games folder).
http://files.filefront.com/Filmmusikrar/;11383315;/fileinfo.html

SomeoneWild said:
Yeah, there was a period I played lots of classical stuff. I know some short parts of various pieces including "La catedral" and "Recuerdos de la alhambra". Not playing much anymore, didn't have the patience to develop speed and strenght in my right hand for the fingerstyle stuff.

Cool thanks guys I'll check some of those out.

I just bought a clean ass Gp1000, the one without XLR's. Really cheap too with a Microcab II for a few more bucks so I went with it. I heard they aren't too great but I can flip it on ebay or something I guess.