Guitar Player's Thread

Wow I didn't realize there was so many scallopers on the Bodom forum :lol:
Heres mine!
IMG_1510.jpg

And Arvoitus, I'l get some pics for you soon.

I used the masking tape but look how far I went down!!

Here's what I'm going to aim for.

111unmv.jpg

Oil's not a finish. I'm sure that guy had it oiled, seriously. Will save you a lot of trouble later on. Remember your greasy sticky hands will touch that neck all the time :p plus humidity, sun, termites, etc.

He had nothing on the neck what so ever, sanded the paint off and that's it.

Many guitars are like this and guitar companies over tung-oil'd guitars. (carvin being one)

And termites? wtf? :lol:

Wow I didn't realize there was so many scallopers on the Bodom forum :lol:
Heres mine!
IMG_1510.jpg

And Arvoitus, I'l get some pics for you soon.

Nice job. :headbang:

I sort of one want to scallop 12-24 but I'm not sure.

Nah, you don't have to, But it just makes it easier to sand/work with. Plus it protects the rest of the guitar from banging/scratching into whatever work surface or table you might be doing it on.

I cant wait to go home for break on Friday. I will finally be able to play guitar loud and jam with my drummer.
Plus finish the forum album song.
Wish I had an active band and some shows lined up though :(

Nah, you don't have to, But it just makes it easier to sand/work with. Plus it protects the rest of the guitar from banging/scratching into whatever work surface or table you might be doing it on.

I cant wait to go home for break on Friday. I will finally be able to play guitar loud and jam with my drummer.
Plus finish the forum album song.
Wish I had an active band and some shows lined up though :(

Fyi, Pm'd you earlier.

arvoitus: I took some high quality shots of the inside of my '88 GP-1000. I put them in a .rar because there's alot. I wanted to give you a variety because I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but I got the text on the transformer and all of the board close up.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tum2xo

Oil's not a finish. I'm sure that guy had it oiled, seriously. Will save you a lot of trouble later on. Remember your greasy sticky hands will touch that neck all the time :p plus humidity, sun, termites, etc.

Basically I agree, but don't they put a grain filler on the neck before they paint it? This would stay in the pores, even after stripping the neck, and would protect it a bit.

Ibanez Prestiges definitely have something on their neck... all in all I'd go with Leandro's advice, just to be sure.

By the way, I now have a major chip on the top of my Ibanez, pics will follow later. The straps of the gigbag snapped. :cry:

ouch, I'm sorry to hear that Corny.

Have you guys ever noticed how tight Iced Earth was in their early days? I mean the playing is literally very tight.

this is bad quality, but fast forward to around 3:00 to get the feel for their earlier stuff.
[youtube]t-G9O5KbyBM&feature=related[/youtube]

those triplets just make me go daaaamn. feels good to listen to.

oh, and I much prefer this first vocalist to the one they have now. I don't see why people say this guy sucks.

It makes me feel like that, but I dno if I'd be able to. I tried that Sylosis song, and god damn that is difficult. It's REALLY fun to play though, so I might practice it a bit, 'cause it'd be worth it to nail it completely.

@Corny: Sad to read that but weren't the straps already a bit torn before it happened?

@Mystique & Warheart: I've tabbed some parts of "Teras", actually the ones he shows in a video. I'm not sure of the chord at the 21nd bar though. And about triplets, just have a listen to "Stormrider" from "Alive in Athens"!

[ame]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=HYZzncX-mIQ[/ame]

By the way, question of English vocabulary, I never know which of those are called triplets:

tripletsai7.png

Both are 3 notes per beat but the first ones each last 1/3 of beat and the second ones are 16th-16th-8th notes. And how do you call 6 notes per beat?