Guitar Player's Thread

Maybe some of you have heard of a band called Mutiny Within. I'm definetely looking forward to their album.

http://www.myspace.com/mutinywithin
Hmm I will sound so true now but what they produced under the name Mutiny before they got their new singer and before the sign to roadrunner they really kicked ass. Now it's rather mediocre. Oh, now I see Lou left too and even their old drummer was replaced by a pretty boy.

No difference, the new black ones are exactly the same as the old red ones.

Comes with different software, but if you have the old version you can download the new one for free.

Exactly what I did.

Are edge pro III bridges as shitty as everyone makes them out to be? They seem to get a bad rep, but I don't know if it's because they actually do suck or the people just don't know what hell they are doing.

No they are not. Of course they don't work like an OFR or the real Edge bridge, but they work quite good, and faaaaaar beter than e.g. Jackson or ESP licensed floyds.

Yesterday I ordered the selftitled solo album by Lauri Porra... the myspace recordings sound a lot like Pink Floyd!

Well done, I don't think you'll regret it :)

Necromancer the chorus of one of your songs you posted a while back still randomly gets stuck in my head a lot these days tho I've only listened to the song a few times..just thought you might like to know that! :) :p

Same here. I have the first song he posted (the one taged In Hell Looking Up) on my mp3 player and it's on the top 20 list. Being an 8GB mp3 player I think that's quite something :lol:

:kickass::kickass::worship:rock:

We are finishing up about 5 songs here shortly, I will post them all up for you all to check out.

Do it! :kickass:

1. I also own a Jackson RR3 and I have the same problem. I've read on the JCF that you could switch some screws like this:

I just got those screws switched on my RR3 and will do that soon with the other guitar.
Here's how it looks:
rv9j0y.jpg

I thought I'd show you guys what a difference a few centimeters can make in a guitar player's life. So, here I am with my RR3 with switched screws. Tadaaa!
2bxwgp.jpg

And here's me with my R10, the screws in their original places:
5ocm0p.jpg

So you see how much neck diving sucks...

But yeah, no need to dig holes anywhere or anything. Easier than I thought it would be.
Thank you guys for the support.

gothErika®;8192241 said:
I just got those screws switched on my RR3 and will do that soon with the other guitar.
Here's how it looks:
http://i40.tinypic.com/rv9j0y.jpg[/IMG

I thought I'd show you guys what a difference a few centimeters can make in a guitar player's life. So, here I am with my RR3 with switched screws. Tadaaa!
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2bxwgp.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/5ocm0p.jpg[/IMG

But yeah, no need to dig holes anywhere or anything. Easier than I thought it would be.
Thank you guys for the support.[/quote]

What material is each strap made out of?

yeah, I've heard that leather straps actually help for neck diving. but I can't imagine that they actually do that much. would seem best just to relocate the strap lock buttons.

gothErika®;8192241 said:
5ocm0p.jpg

this is what my xiphos looks like now if I put it on. how much did it cost you to get the strap locks relocated?

gothErika®;8192241 said:
Here's how it looks:
rv9j0y.jpg

2bxwgp.jpg

5ocm0p.jpg

Marry me.

I didn't know it would be so efficient! I still haven't done it.

Be careful letting your guitar hanging down like this without holding it. I see you don't have strap locks. My RR3 missed to fall down a few times before I got strap locks.

how much did it cost you to get the strap locks relocated?

About 10 minutes?

I did the same thing few years ago when I still used to own RX10D. Worked perfectly for balance. But that one screw didn't really hold the neck in its place hard enough..so neck moved everytime you dive-bombed, you could actually hear the neck shift. I suggest you replace the screw for one that is longer for what is the thickness of the that strap button.

About 10 minutes?

I did the same thing few years ago when I still used to own RX10D. Worked perfectly for balance. But that one screw didn't really hold the neck in its place hard enough..so neck moved everytime you dive-bombed, you could actually hear the neck shift. I suggest you replace the screw for one that is longer for what is the thickness of the that strap button.

Yeah I saw the pics on the previous page and I was like "Is that good for the guitar to replace a large screw that holds the neck on with a tiny screw that doesn't?" lol

It's a good idea though, just need longer screws, not too long though or you will go right through the neck! lol

I'm pumped I get to see Skeletonwitch next week, and Amon Amarth, but I'm more excited to see skeletonwitch because they were like my favorite underground metal band in high school before they got signed and popular and I remember seeing them play in people's living rooms and park lodge shows and shit lol Awesome Guys.

That's awesome, thank you!

Looks like a gorgeous guitar, which would be awesome to have also due to the history behind it.

What material is each strap made out of?

yeah, I've heard that leather straps actually help for neck diving. but I can't imagine that they actually do that much. would seem best just to relocate the strap lock buttons.

Nylon I guess. But yeah, I've tried leather straps before and they didn't help at all.

this is what my xiphos looks like now if I put it on. how much did it cost you to get the strap locks relocated?

nothing, haha.

Marry me.

We'll see about that.