Guitar Player's Thread

whoa, Corny with a 7 string! congrats :D, can't wait to hear some recordings! sounds like a fantastic guitar, I know you'll treat it well.

Congrats! Pics and recordings please? I'd (and quite some more people I guess) like to see that baby and hear how it sounds :kickass:
Thanks, you two! :)
I already shot some pics and recorded some riffs, I'll post stuff in the next days.
fuck buying used theres always fucked up problems
Well, that's a very ignorant statement and you only say that if you have no clue of what you want. I seriously can't believe how people actually spend 600 bucks or less on a new guitar when they can get a guitar which was worth 1000 or more and has some dings and dongs. Buying used is the way to go, especially if you're looking for rare instruments. Some people can get a RG550 for 400 or less, do you want to tell me that a new Epiphone in the same price range is better?

yeah it was an ignorant statement, but i was basing it off my experience which was when i was younger and an idiot and the last guitar i bought was brand new and 2 years ago so i dont have much say in the matter. but if you really know what your lookin for and what seems good then hell yeah i go on craigslist all the time and see great deals

i have so many substances in me right now

1.miller
2. a whole hobo handle of rum
3. THC
4. genesee home town rochester beer
5. nicotiner
6. buffalo wings

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

umm....hello.

it's all about the beeeeeeeeer pooooooooong. fuck i fel gone. and i told myself i'd study at least to lesjkoner of norsk today :( i'm a ab ad student.

btw, makhs, we're playiing as soon as we get the chance!

andddddddddddddddddddddddddd.........the hang over.

Hope you are feelin alright today Twisha lol

You guys know any good single coil pickups for the neck?
I know hardly anything about types of single coil pickups.

Not looking for crazy crazy high gain, Id say medium to high gain

I suggest Dimarzio for singlecoils. I'm not sure what you're going for exactly, but for the neck, I'd probably say the Chopper or Cruiser.

If you go to the website you can hear a lot of samples. I hear good things about EMG singlecoils too, depending on if you like that EMG sound. But hey, even David Gilmour uses them too.

Anyone who can tell me what guitar he uses? I'm a real fan of Les Paul shaped guitars and that one looks really good. (Btw, that's a local musician playing a song from a heavy metal band from here around, although they broke up this week or something)

Last edited by a moderator: