Guitar Player's Thread

Exactly, I really don't see the point even in having those 2. And usually if you get one head that works for all your effects and pedals you stick to it...I would :lol:

Yeah but when I was doing imagination-land rig I was thinking if I was ever touring someday this is the kind of setup I'd want. Until then I wouldn't even bother with the whole huge rack case thing and extra crap

And in that imagination-land it would be very good to have a backup head, I blew a screen resistor on my old mesaboogie during a gig once and ended up doing half a set with some other band's $100 crate solid state head....wasn't a fun time

Besides that I'm really bare bones when it comes to gear. I hate the hassle of pedals and extra cords. Probably the only reason why I want a rackmout wah besides the tweaks is because the pedal for it is a midi controller and only uses one midi cable coming from the rack out to the front of the stage. :lol:

and I realize now Instead of the cup of coffee I should have put a COFFEE MACHINE in there! ahaha

I really shouldn't have stayed up all night, I was almost dead in my classes this morning

5150rack.jpg

Hey Guys i have a question and hopefully you guys can help
Iv been getting this feedback off my guitar like with everything
when i plug it into my marshall MG 250 DFX and the over drive and clean channel gives serious feed back but it does with every guitar kinda (think need noise suppressor pedal) but I recently got a Korg px4d and i still get feed back but its been louder since i switch my strings to Ernie ball 10-46 You think it might be the pickup height?
but anyways Any suggestions?

Hey Guys i have a question and hopefully you guys can help
Iv been getting this feedback off my guitar like with everything
when i plug it into my marshall MG 250 DFX and the over drive and clean channel gives serious feed back but it does with every guitar kinda (think need noise suppressor pedal) but I recently got a Korg px4d and i still get feed back but its been louder since i switch my strings to Ernie ball 10-46 You think it might be the pickup height?
but anyways Any suggestions?

Have you checked your cables? Any new electric stuff around you?
I don't think it's a pickup problem because I do also have mine really high and have no feedback. Do you have EMG's?
Which tuning do you have? It could also be that - when you play in a lower tuning - your strings are too thin and produce a feedback because of their proper motion. Do you still have this feedback when you touch the strings?

EDIT:

possible reasons for feedback (what I know):

- cables
- new electric equipment around you
- older pickups (because of their shielding)
(- active pickups catch the vibration created by tremolo strings more than passiv pickus)
- power supply ( if you use a notebook, try to use it with battery)
- thin strings used in lower tuning than E (but Ernie Ball strings solve the oscillation problem of most pickups)
- gainboosts
- back plate of your tremolo cavity

Yeah My cables are all connected imm borrow my friends one to see if maybe that it
as for electrical that might be since i work on computers so i have alot of things plugged in Ill unplug some stuff and see if that helps
I have an EMG hz but im changing it out today
I tune to D I had Super slinkys on there before and My didn't have That much feed back but still had some feed back
at random times Like id be playing then randomly get feed back but now that i think about it it might be other shit
interfering when i finish installing my pickup up ill see if electrical interference was the problem and raise my strings alittle

Thanks for the help though ill see what happens next

Hmm.. 1. CHeck your message again - you missed some words :)

But I don't think it's the pickup. EMG pickups are the best when it comes to less noise. Especially the newer ones. I would say that no other pickups have that good shilding EMGs have... But before I would say more, check the things you've mentioned and see if your problem still exist.

haha i did make mistakes sorry im basically running on monster Iv been up since like 2am
studying for some dumb test I have to take But
the reason im changing pickups is I got a late Christmas Gift and I got the new Alexi laiho EMG pickup
so im installing that one in But imma move where i practice to a different part of the room and see if that happens
I just didn't want it on that area cause its near my window and i have mexican neighbors and everytime i start playing i hear
PLAY SOME SANTANA coming from the backyard but ehh fuck it haha
But thanks alot arcane Ill let you know what happens

What do you guys think of those broken up sweeps that have 2 notes per string every 2 strings?

here's an example

-12-8--------------------------------8----
------10--------------------------10------
---------10-9---------------9-10----------
--------------10---------10---------------
-----------------12-8-12------------------
------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of those broken up sweeps that have 2 notes per string every 2 strings?

here's an example

-12-8--------------------------------8----
------10--------------------------10------
---------10-9---------------9-10----------
--------------10---------10---------------
-----------------12-8-12------------------
------------------------------------------

first time ive seen shit like that.