Guitar Player's Thread

Im guessing you got a 24 scale guitar, in that case thats fucking wimpy.
I use 13-62 on C# on 24s and it works great. I have no idea if i could tune up to E (I think it would be possible with some stretching).
Srsly, thats thin. Even 56 is thin on soemthing around C on a 24.

If I played in C# or Drop C most of the time, but I'm usually in E, D# or Drop D, so I need lighter shit. And yeah my guitar has a 24.75 inch scale.

This is kind of an inside joke between me and my friends so you guys probably wont find it nearly as funny, but to get you caught up;

Basically a few years ago my friends somehow came to the conclusion that a man with an asian accent would say "How are you doing!?" like "HOWYUEDOIIN!!" and we used to always greet each other by yelling that, becoming our favorite phrase

And after a year or so it kind of transformed into "HoyDing" somehow.

So anyways, my singer and I got distracted and ended up making the hoidinggggg symphony

I just did the orchestra programming, he played the guitar...and isnt very good.. so i apologize in advance :lol:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3269281/Hoiding Symphony.mp3

I peeked at this thread only to be reminded its been about a year since I changed the strings on my guitar. :/
And I really don't see a reason as to why I should. I used to do it every few months, as I was told to do so, but I havn't and it still feels and sounds the same.

I don't even know how many years its been since I took care of my bass strings, I think the strings on that are getting to the 3-4 year mark.

I peeked at this thread only to be reminded its been about a year since I changed the strings on my guitar. :/
And I really don't see a reason as to why I should. I used to do it every few months, as I was told to do so, but I havn't and it still feels and sounds the same.

I don't even know how many years its been since I took care of my bass strings, I think the strings on that are getting to the 3-4 year mark.

You dirty faggot

Thats like all those fat basement dwellers who never wash and claim they "turn natural" and "never stink".
It's all in your mind bro. There's a massive difference in both feel and tone, any developed ear can hear that.

Does anyone have a guitar pro file of a shit ton of scales basically? I want to try to bust my ass and get my max bpm higher since I seem to be stuck at around 150 for strict alternate picking and not sweeps. I think maybe learning every scale I possibley can will help that way I will be comfortable in just about any position on the fretboard. I'm running out of ideas =/

I doubt it. It's your physical ability that's being limited, your fretboard knowledge shouldn't have anything to do with it. Play it at 170, mess it up, then go back down to 150 and see if it feels any easier.

so its been a while since i've posted here. My band just got out of the studio took us alot longer than we expected for the one song we recorded (13 hours) but we focused on getting everything perfect. Once again I ran through the fractal axe FX, that thing is really incredible but we will only be using it for leads all rhythm guitars will be re amped with 5150's. I also finally worked out my amp issue i decided to go with a madison divinity head and a randall cab and i must say this amp is heavy as fuck, cant wait to get a bbe sonic maximizer to add on to it :loco: here are some pictures of the amp

I try to change mine around one time a month on my main guitars (not on floyds), its a quitre drastic sound and feeling change.
You simply CANT play fast with old strings, theyll just flop around and suck ass.

Possible future setup, what think?

here go:

Ultra.jpg

through

velo100.jpg

into

Ok i'll be honest, no idea about the cab. Mesa 4x12? Anyone got an idea for a cab that works well with both clean sound, crushing rythm, and both dry and wet leads?