Guitar Player's Thread

Nice song Epi, I saw it on YouTube last night. I admire the way you play the melody, with that weird downward slide at 00:09 back into the start of it again, sounded like Vai. Very nice.

Thanks! Yeah, I really like the sound of those downward slide things. Like to do them a lot when playing melodies.

WTF ? Did James Malone broke his deal with Washburn or his sig just isn't produced anymore ?

I think he did actually, the more recent videos of their stuff on youtube he's playing some other guitar that definitely isn't his washburn V. It's fine with me anyways though, I didn't care for them that much. The fretboard was really smooth though.

Thanks for the vocal help, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Thanks!

Yeah, something like that. I don't have the Metal Pack though. :D

For the rhythm tone I used this dual channel preset I've made:

Left (20%): Noisegate - Screamer - Line6 Spinal Puppet - Compressor - Sine Chorus
Right (20%): Noisegate - Line6 Insane - Compressor

Leads are just Line6 Insane and Screamer with some chorus, digital delay and reverb.

If you don't mind my asking, how do you set the Compressor and EQs?

I think he did actually, the more recent videos of their stuff on youtube he's playing some other guitar that definitely isn't his washburn V. It's fine with me anyways though, I didn't care for them that much. The fretboard was really smooth though.

so now he is playing strart with a humbucker in bridge,two singles,bolt on maple neck with maple fretboard... I think it could be Fender HM strat.

hi i got my guitar (esp alexi blacky) tuned down 1 step (EBGDAE to DAFCGD).
i played it for a while and i think its down tuned by itself so what do i do?
how do i re-tune it again to DAFCGD?
thanks in advance :)

You're a "Pro Guitarist", you should know how to do it ;)

so now he is playing strart with a humbucker in bridge,two singles,bolt on maple neck with maple fretboard... I think it could be Fender HM strat.

I think so, I couldn't really tell what it was. When I saw your post I went to google last night and his guitar appeared to still be on the washburn website, but there is next to nowhere that sells it now. He needs to get a nice Jackson like Nick imo.:loco:

You simply adjust the tuners on your guitar headstock until your strings are in tune. Hope this helps :).

Oh so i unlock the nuts first, then just retune with the tuners.
But how do i know when ive tuned it to DAFCGD? coz on my chromatic tuner it doesnt show up properly and i cant tell if im tuning it properly.

and thanks so much for helping man :D

Oh so i unlock the nuts first, then just retune with the tuners.
But how do i know when ive tuned it to DAFCGD? coz on my chromatic tuner it doesnt show up properly and i cant tell if im tuning it properly.

and thanks so much for helping man :D
Er wouldn't it just show up on the tuner as DGCFAD? simply tune each string to the correct note. If you're trying to tune it the same way your typing it, you probably have it all back to front aha. Another way is if your tuner has semi tones set it to 2 semi tones down and tune it like you would for standard tuning. Pro guitarist my butt :p

hahaha i did that ages ago :D
and thanks so much man ^_^
and im actually pretty good with actually PLAYING guitar hahahahaha, not so much tuning the floyd rose shiz.
well again, thanks, if i have a problem again, ill post it :)

Fucking hell guys, did you even listen to Traced In Air? It's an acoustic version of a track from that.

So here's me with my guitar. I've had it for like 3 years, so it's old news, but yep.

31392_1380425644160_1637493405_8930.jpg

I'm ready to throw it like a javelin lately though

Excuse me being borderline ethiopain.