Guitar Player's Thread

Im glad you dig the shape.

Theyre fucking kickass, they also use lots of quality parts (EMG's, Duncans etc.)
They sell a huge bunch of guitars everyday, but just a little bit over the price they actually pay for them.
In time other Shops/Brands may sell two guitars for 500$ bought/made for 100$,
Rondo sells/makes like 20 they make for 50$ and sell em for like 200$, they get all the electronics and shit very cheap cause they buy it in masses.
Its simply another buiseness model they have, kinda pisses the "big" ones off :D

Ey yo Lowberg, im glad to hear that guitars cool man, makes me even more excited to finally have it (it will still take a few days though) :D
hmm so they're basically making less of profit than the huge companies like Ibanez and ESP. good to know greed doesn't control everyone.

Mystique, did you ever find anything else about your Xiphos and stuff? :/

Unfortunately no :( Thank you for asking though. I've actually made a big move and am now living in Norway. So it's not like I can check the pawn shops and guitar stores like I used to. I still check craig's list every now and then, but for now, yeah, not much I can do about it from here.

which ibby?

Not mine, but this is what it looks like.

DTX-120.jpg
[/IMG]

both my guitars (the gio and the xiphos) and my yamaha bass. didn't take my pod tho, and at least that's sitting by me right here.

Omar, I had been planning to come to Norway for 2 years now :p To get away from the douches in LA is a major part of it yeah, but I also have some goals here I'd like to fulfill.

@killjoy: Smexy.
@Twisha: Good for you!

@Brent: That video's actually got a few bits wrong, but anyway that's probably my favourite solo section from the album, I can do all of Corey's solo, but only if I'm playing sloppy as fuck.
If anyone here can do the sweeps in Matt's solo I will worship them as a GOD

http://www.sendspace.com/file/chhf23 Solos tabbed by me, you'll see they're pretty much bang on, show me cobot, even those of you that don't like Trivium!

Yea, I like it.

Would rather have the real Destroyer, but i picked this beaut up for $100.00 US dollars at Guitar Center. A few loose srews and dirty, but nothing I couldn't take care of and make look new.

The stock PU's in this guitar really surprised me.....they are actually good.

It's basically my Paul Gilbert wanna-be guitar.

hey guys i was just wondering what pick up alexi used while recording the sinergy albums?
ive been comparing his recent guitar sound to his old guitar sound, his new one is so... burry/muddy? where as his old recordings are so clear and fluent.
so yea, please tell me what pick up he used while recording sinergy albums and the follow the reaper/hatebreeder albums!

Anybody here ever used or use East/West HardcoreBass vst? If yes, is it possible to load midi files in it? I heard some samples and it sounds absolutely awesome but I don't know really how it works.

hey guys i was just wondering what pick up alexi used while recording the sinergy albums?
ive been comparing his recent guitar sound to his old guitar sound, his new one is so... burry/muddy? where as his old recordings are so clear and fluent.
so yea, please tell me what pick up he used while recording sinergy albums and the follow the reaper/hatebreeder albums!

Thats really not that important, its obviously up to the amp and micing, not the darn pickup -.-
He used Gp1000 back then, its got less gain(!) and way more high mids (Slayer sound) which sounds a lot more clear.
Its also the production, especially EQ.

I can get the exact tone with an EMG HZ and also a Duncan JB.