Guitar Tone Competition 3: Planning phase

Yeah, I've got the song (well... intro + verse + chorus + pre-verse, comes out to 1:30) entirely written and a demo version recorded, vocals are written but I'm not sure if they're the final recordings.

Won't be able to track final DI's unfortunately until early next week, but it's just a matter of changing strings + tracking for an hour or two!

FWIW, the lyrical metaphor about the forum didn't end up working out as planned, I would not at all try to read those lyrics and look for a "satirical view of the Sneap forum" in them!

ALSO: BASSISTS

If anyone has a good DI chain + bass + new strings, I could tab out the song quickly and send you the demo version. All I've got on the bass front is Trillian.

PM me if you can help out!

I've actually got a sick bass here right now, newly re-strung, with an awesome gear chain for it, but I'm not much of a bassist sadly :(

All the same, maybe send the backing track and tab and I'll see what I can do, provided my tiny Jazz IIIs actually grip the strings whatsoever, haha. Also, what tuning is it, because I don't think I'll be able to do anything other than straight B, E or drop D.

FWIW, the lyrical metaphor about the forum didn't end up working out as planned, I would not at all try to read those lyrics and look for a "satirical view of the Sneap forum" in them!

The lyrics are about learning and self-growth (or to quote Jeff: [08.04.2010 23:58:12] JeffTDunne: i suppose a generic kind of KsE 'struggle with life/relationships" theme would fit), which is my metaphor for this forum. Wasn't going for satire. And since that is only an excerpt of the song, the end of the story remains unrevealed :heh:

All the same, maybe send the backing track and tab and I'll see what I can do, provided my tiny Jazz IIIs actually grip the strings whatsoever, haha. Also, what tuning is it, because I don't think I'll be able to do anything other than straight B, E or drop D.

I'll get a start on tabbing it between editing, but it's in drop C.

I'd also really recommend against Jazz III's on a bass. :lol:

New amp is soooo going to be on this one. Very excited for this!

Maybe I'll take more time on this one too, last competition I just threw up a mic and went! No post processing, and submitted on the first day, which I think ultimately led to my demise lol.

No post processing

i'm wondering about this. are we allowed to apply post processing to the tracks?
if this isn't really about mixing, wouldn't just a hp/lp be a better way of showing who's able to get the best guitar tone?
just wondering....

i'm wondering about this. are we allowed to apply post processing to the tracks?
if this isn't really about mixing, wouldn't just a hp/lp be a better way of showing who's able to get the best guitar tone?
just wondering....

Yeah probably, but there would be no way to enforce that.

just wondering....

you are not allowed to do anything to the backing tracks or use any master bus processing, but you can do anything to the guitar tracks you want except change the composition (no editing of the performance etc).

Yeah, I've got the song (well... intro + verse + chorus + pre-verse, comes out to 1:30) entirely written and a demo version recorded, vocals are written but I'm not sure if they're the final recordings.

Won't be able to track final DI's unfortunately until early next week, but it's just a matter of changing strings + tracking for an hour or two!

ALSO: BASSISTS

If anyone has a good DI chain + bass + new strings, I could tab out the song quickly and send you the demo version. All I've got on the bass front is Trillian.

PM me if you can help out!

schecter elite 5 + mackie onyx DI input + prosteels work for you??

I'm assuming that as long as we submit something when the competition starts, we're considered "in?" But, just in case we need to announce ourselves this time....

I'm in!

Bobby