hair length among male metal-heads

How long is your hair?

• Total voters
style_16.jpg

This is how my hair is going to look after I get it cut :D I think it'll look pretty good on me.

Does anyone else here get mistaken for a girl once in a while? Usually by people doing menial work who aren't paying attention, like cashiers, waitresses, etc.

Guys in clubs/pubs try and hit on me. Like from behind one will put his arm over my shoulder and ask if I would like a drink. Then they realise im male, apologise and walk off. I take it as a compliment. :loco:

I have long hair, and I've never really had problems with my hair because it is perfectly straight. I often wonder what the perception among women generally is about long hair. I sometimes think that my hair makes a bad impression on females and people in general. But my lack of success in this area might just be due to the fact that I am a weirdo.

Nope,from my experience it's definitely the long hair. I had long hair many years ago during my student days and I got nary a look off the women. As soon as I had it cut their interest seemed to come back again. It's been short hair ever since for me.I enjoyed having the long hair for those few years and conforming to the stereotypical 'metal-fan' image, but short hair definitely has it's advantages!

:lol: I've already got the appointment made, and I'm pretty much being made to get this cut - plus if I want to grow it back it'll only take me about a year or so.

Mine is just getting to shoulder length now. I have just been able to tie it back and not look like a fag. I have no plans to cut it; I really like the way it looks and feels so it's staying. And I agree with Dodens, it is quite hard to get past the really shitty stage where your hair is in between long and short but as long as your hair isn't curly as all fuck it should straighten out relatively well and hang nicely once you get past that stage.

I'm kind of amazed that the long-haired people outnumber the short-haired here. I figured there'd be a good number of them, but damn.

About this time last year mine was really fucking long, then I completely cut it. Now it is just pas my shoulders and I don't plan to cut it for at least 5 years (not even a trim). Though my hair is a mix of curly and wavy so it can get annoying as fuck sometimes, but I don't really care.

I'm kind of amazed that the long-haired people outnumber the short-haired here. I figured there'd be a good number of them, but damn.

Yeah, seems odd though, counting that there are only a handful of posters here that are easily recognizable....and yet the number of people that voted for the long hair option is probably three times the size of the regular posting community :lol:

my hair is about down to the middle of my back and i'm just going to keep growing it because almost everyone in my family has gone bald by 25 or 30 so i figure i might as well have it long for as long as possible if i'm going to be completely bald the rest of my life.