Hatecrew Death Roll vs Are You Dead Yet, Blooddrunk and Relentless Reckless Forever

Pick one

• Hatecrew Death Roll

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • New stuff

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
whose the retarded guy who wants to hear the same shit every album? the old albuns were amazing, but i think they should always innovate, thats the basic concept of an artist. doing the same shit always would be boring and lame and the new albuns are great, so i dont get your thing honestly

whose the retarded guy who wants to hear the same shit every album? the old albuns were amazing, but i think they should always innovate, thats the basic concept of an artist. doing the same shit always would be boring and lame and the new albuns are great, so i dont get your thing honestly

Then why the fuck are they making the same shit for the 4th consecutive album now? They need a new excuse. Every album is somewhat different but the only radically different "sound" was the green and blue album.

They should change again, it's been like a decade. I know they're gonna stand up and say you just want us to make Hatebreeder 2 or Follow the Reaper 2. Well why not, but it doesn't mean fans care about neo-classical melodies, they can be Chinese or whatever, but the fresh lead melody orientation, atmospheric feel need to come back, and it can be done while keeping the music at least as dark, so why not.

I think one thing is Alexi's vocals have change a lot since 2001 and it goes together more naturally with the kind of Bodom they've done since HCDR. Another is he writes what he likes. Maybe he gave everything he had in the past and doesn't want to go back there.

A lot of people seem to forget, that the first three albums are vastly different and all amazing, so it's not like they should make SW, HB or FTR part 2, they just need to do a good album. Just shove that thrash-crap up your ass and everything's fine.

They should change again, it's been like a decade. I know they're gonna stand up and say you just want us to make Hatebreeder 2 or Follow the Reaper 2. Well why not, but it doesn't mean fans care about neo-classical melodies, they can be Chinese or whatever, but the fresh lead melody orientation, atmospheric feel need to come back, and it can be done while keeping the music at least as dark, so why not.

I think one thing is Alexi's vocals have change a lot since 2001 and it goes together more naturally with the kind of Bodom they've done since HCDR. Another is he writes what he likes. Maybe he gave everything he had in the past and doesn't want to go back there.

I agree with you 100%

I'd pick everything except RRF since I haven't really understood it yet, but there's very cool stuff in it too.

HCDR, AYDY and Blooddrunk are my favorite CoB albums, they contain the most kick ass melodys and riffs. Especially Blooddrunk's riffs are just sooo sick.

I find all the recent albums to be much different from each other. Matter of fact, all of the albums are quite unique. I think the poll doesn't make any sense!

But I do agree with some sort of drastic change in style. Trashiness did last a decade... You know, COB needs at least one song that is completely carried by the keyboard and Janne.

Don't know where I should post this but another lame emo rock band with a new album title similar to Relentless Reckless Forever... this time Reckless Till the End. Hm. Coincidence?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgutVug_IOY&NR=1[/ame]

I almost punched through my monitor after watching 20 seconds of that crap. But this just implies even further, that today's COB is lame mallcore for scenefags and other abominations.

Yeah, it's a sad thing they stopped being Children Of Bodom and started being Skate Crew. Both for the theme and the music.

I really like Hate Crew Deathroll, as it was the album that introduced me to Bodom. Beyond that, it is a pretty solid album and I just have a preference for the older Bodom material.

Then why the fuck are they making the same shit for the 4th consecutive album now? They need a new excuse. Every album is somewhat different but the only radically different "sound" was the green and blue album.

Are you fucking talking about Weezer? calling shit green and blue, wtf?

The new stuff is better because the technique has improved. Listening to the old stuff, the riffs are metrically uneven and sloppy. I'd love to hear a fresh recording of all the old stuff now that they play so much better. And I do mean the stuff that isn't on Bestbreeder

They're clearly trying to branch out into a greater variety of chords as well. I'm not really sure why you call it neo-classical when it's really more neo-baroque. The old stuff relies heavily on diatonic sequences. I'm betting on some heavy use of suspensions in the next album.

I didn't say Dream Theatre. all I did was add the line about the stuff not on Bestbreeder.

There is some validity to the Bryan Adams slur...

The new stuff is better because the technique has improved. Listening to the old stuff, the riffs are metrically uneven and sloppy. I'd love to hear a fresh recording of all the old stuff now that they play so much better. And I do mean the stuff that isn't on Bestbreeder

To me the atmosphere and creativity is more important than experienced display of theory. You want them to kill the atmosphere, personal soundworld and vocals of the old albums? Instead of touching them they should fix their current composions. Just as it wouldn't make sense to rerecord Talking of the Trees cos it wouldn't be the same anymore.