He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

JayKeeley said:
Nah, it was some lame ass.

Heh, I just realized, after Primordial were done, the crowd cleared out and Jason and I were scrounding around for guitar picks hahaha. I even had my cellphone light pointed to the floor, trying to separate the trash from the treasure.

Not bad considering I found 2 picks! Jason found a bunch too. We're such scavengers hehehe (but I have guitar picks galore at home, they're some of the best mementos).

MadeInNewJersey said:
Did you guys get any of Moonsorrow's picks? Both Mitja & Janne threw like, 287 picks into the crowd.

Hell yeah - I found three picks (gave one to Greg I believe). The ones Primordial were using were green (and may have been standard Heathen Crusade picks), but the Moonsorrow one is black and has a "snarling gnome" in a pentagram on the front and "Rytmihario" on the back, exactly like what the yellow guitar player is wearing and also what is on his guitar in the picture below:

303-MoonsorrowBabyEater2.jpg

Jason - you lucked out with the Moonsorrow pick. Good man. Mine are Heathen Crusade custom picks, but looks like you got something specific to a band / guitarist / mongolian candle baby eater.

JayKeeley said:
Jason - you lucked out with the Moonsorrow pick. Good man. Mine are Heathen Crusade custom picks, but looks like you got something specific to a band / guitarist / mongolian candle baby eater.

I was thinking the same thing - perhaps it's his other band or something since he was a fill in?

I looked at some other Moonsorrow pics, and the rest of them apparently DID use the Heathen Crusade custom picks, so that's pretty damn cool.

JayKeeley said:

lol, I've learned that his name is Janne (he's a part of the Moonsorrow choir, credited on at least their last 2 albums)

MadeInNewJersey said:
Jason, did you know that he was filling in for their regular guitarist?

:lol: Yet another quote from the festival:

Me (while driving everyone to the airport): "So Mark, that Moonsorrow guitarist was a fill in right?" (said right after Mark, Ali and Greg just spent 10 minutes in the car discussing that very issue).

JayKeeley said:
I think if you stand at the front of the pit, or anywhere on the edge of a pit, you're SUPPOSED to turn your back to the band/stage and help continue feed the pit. It's a pity too because being up close to the bands is where all the fun's at.
I like to stand in that first row of people behind the pit. First off, I don't mind people running into me, as long as I can see them coming. But the best thing about it is the unobstructed view.

Zod

General Zod said:
I like to stand in that first row of people behind the pit. First off, I don't mind people running into me, as long as I can see them coming. But the best thing about it is the unobstructed view.

Zod

True, and normally I would also. But the crowd had spread out during Moonsorrow, so I thought it silly to not move within 20 feet of the stage at that point just so those 3 drunked idiots could "mosh."

JayKeeley said:
That was amazing. You completely zone out whilst driving.... :tickled:

Totally, but you know what though, I tend to do that moreso in strange places where I really need to concentrate on the roads - plus, I had been looking for a damn gas station pretty intensely and couldn't find one!

Do you believe that Avis charged me $5.20 a gallon when I returned that fucker?!?! :devil:

MisterMayhem said:
Thanks to everyone who came out to the show. I am glad that people had a blast.

I don't know if this was stated earlier in the thread or not, but are there plans for there to be another Heathen Crusade? Maybe even like an annual thing?

NP: Atmosphere - Little Man

Furious B said:
I don't know if this was stated earlier in the thread or not, but are there plans for there to be another Heathen Crusade? Maybe even like an annual thing?
I spoke to one of the promoters briefly. He said it would happen again. Hopefully he'll pop back in and make that official.

Zod