He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

kupshi said:
Damn, you gotta let us recover a little o_O:zzz::zombie:
Dude... it's been nearly a week. Time to stop screwing around and get on the phone with Finland/Sweden/Norway/etc.:loco:

In all seriousness, I really want to commend you on how well run the festival was. I'm a regular attendee at ProgPower USA, and for me, that is the gold standard in terms of "how to run a festival". With the exception of the doors opening a little late, the festival could not have gone more smoothly (at least from a spectator's perspective).

By the way, wasn't there suppose to be a hard stop at 10:30PM? Am I wrong (or should I say, too drunk to tell time), or didn't Moonsorrow go well beyond that?

Zod

Thanks Zod, we did our best! There were a few behind the scenes things that needed to have the kinks worked out which led to the slightly late start. We were running approx 15 minutes behind schedule the entire night.

Moonsorrow did play longer than the allotted 1 hour and I think it was only because the sound guy (and also one of the main guys at the club) was having such a good time and felt like letting them play longer. The absolute cutoff was 11pm because of curfew, but we went with a 10:30pm endtime to give us a little flexibility, which it turned out we needed.

kupshi said:
Moonsorrow did play longer than the allotted 1 hour and I think it was only because the sound guy (and also one of the main guys at the club) was having such a good time and felt like letting them play longer. The absolute cutoff was 11pm because of curfew, but we went with a 10:30pm endtime to give us a little flexibility, which it turned out we needed.

Dude, excellent strategy!! It took each and every one of us by surprise - it practically turned it into a full headlining set. It just made an already legendary day even better. :headbang:

Dark One said:
Dude, excellent strategy!! It took each and every one of us by surprise - it practically turned it into a full headlining set. It just made an already legendary day even better. :headbang:

Well cool. But please don't paint me as any type of visionary or anything. All this organizational stuff was planned out by people other than just me. I relied very heavily on John (MisterMayhem) and the stage and production manager for almost all of this organizational stuff because I knew nothing about it. I was learning as I went. I was more just the idea and $$ man to be honest.

oh shit ... kupshi, you were born a day before me ... I am nov.5, 1970 ... no wonder we have similar ideas :loco:
my very good friend and business partner was born the same day as you nov.4, 1970.

[/mumbojumbo]

kupshi said:
Well cool. But please don't paint me as any type of visionary or anything. All this organizational stuff was planned out by people other than just me. I relied very heavily on John (MisterMayhem) and the stage and production manager for almost all of this organizational stuff because I knew nothing about it. I was learning as I went. I was more just the idea and $$ man to be honest.

Fair enough and appreciate the information. Certainly John and the rest deserve much praise as well.

To put it into perspective, most (or all) of the people here at Royal Carnage that attended the festival were just completely blown away by what we saw this past weekend. For many of us, these are some of our favorite bands (or at the very least styles) of music that exist right now. We are all still coming down from our "high" so to speak and are giving you guys a little hero worship as a result.

Anyway, I can appreciate where you're coming from and the humility as well. Let's just say our gushing compliments are directed in bulk at each and every single person behind the scenes who made it happen. :)

5715.jpg

ROFL zod

We have HEATHEN CRUSADE Festival T-Shirts leftover. So if anyone wants a shirt (small, medium, large, x-large) you can send payment via Paypal to kris@kupshi.com. The shirts are $15 plus $4.20 for priority mail shipping.

There is a direct Paypal link on the main page at http://www.heathencrusade.com

Or send cash or money order via snail mail to:

Kris Kubsch
2300 W San Angelo St. #2061
Gilbert AZ 85233

Thanks!!!!