He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

Outstanding!

Definite highlight was Primordial and Novembers Doom, but I can't take anything away from Thyrfing and Moonsorrow. I mean, comparing them isn't really fair just because they were ALL SO FUCKEN GOOD.

Thyrfing also played the best song on their new album IMO -- "Eldajamning" or however it's spelled. That said, there's a strong possibility they didn't play it at all and I've just imagined it, right here, right now. :loco:

Primordial playing "Journey's End" -- UNBELIEVABLE. Fucking Drudkh's whole "Autumn Aurora" is one big Journey's End tribute, haha. I always knew Nemtheanga was a GOD, but now it's just confirmed. But as it's already been said, "The Coffin Ships" and "Gods to the Godless" were the most intense 20 minutes of the entire show.

Yeah, gotta agree, probably the best show ever (and I've been going to shows since 1988), AND the best weekend ever too. Just that whole 72 hour period ruled.

Nate The Great said:
Damn. I wouldn't have been too far away. I better start paying attention to some of the stuff you guys talk about.

Wow, you never saw the three bajillion posts about "I'VE JUST BOOKED MY FLIGHT TO HEATHEN CRUSADE PART 17".....? o_O

Hey guys, did Primordial play "Tragedy's Birth" off the new one? Because fuck me if they didn't. Just been listening to the album (again), and it sure sounded familiar (translation: I could've sworn I was air guitaring like a maniac during it).

Very cool report and pics, I enjoyed reading it. It was a pleasure to meet you guys and I'm glad that we were able to put on a decent set for you guys as well. I'm glad we didn't disappoint (I'm sure the booze consumption helped too haha) :D

Crimson Velvet said:
I can't believe The Chasm didn't leave a bigger impression! They're like... great!
The other guys are much more impressed with them on disc than I am. Still, I was hoping that they might kick my ass live. Truth be told, I was so obliterated, I don't even remember them going on stage. Ali tells me I was headbanging when they opened with "From the Curse, A Scourge", but I don't even have a vague recollection of that.

Zod