He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

General Zod said:
The other guys are much more impressed with them on disc than I am. Still, I was hoping that they might kick my ass live. Truth be told, I was so obliterated, I don't even remember them going on stage. Ali tells me I was headbanging when they opened with "From the Curse, A Scourge", but I don't even have a vague recollection of that.

Zod

It's true, you were, and so was I. But it was at that point that my 2 friends from local area showed up, and I was simply preoccupied doing other things. I've heard from and read reports from lots of people who said the Chasm slayed as well. I'm sure they were very good.

great writeup Mark ... kickass photos as well ... they really captured the excitement you were talking about.

not a big fan of most of the bands, but November's Doom would have been cool to see live.

While I'd love to have gone, it's simply too far away for it to be a feasible thing for me. Maybe next year or something. It would be cool to meet the RC crew... either that or RC-fest.

lurch70 said:
great writeup Mark ... kickass photos as well ... they really captured the excitement you were talking about.

not a big fan of most of the bands, but November's Doom would have been cool to see live.

lurch, a lot of the guys with us and who I met weren't "huge" fans of either Thyrfing or Moonsorrow...they were by the end of the night. I guarantee you would've walked away a fan. I mean, you like metal. End of story.

General Zod said:
Truth be told, I was so obliterated, I don't even remember them going on stage.

I have to admit, I'm right there with you as well. I simply can't comment on these guys in a positive or negative way as I was so far gone by this point. Since we were all drinking at mainly the same times throughout the day, we all must have got our second winds by the time Thyrfing hit the stage, because I totally remember rocking out to those guys after and November's Doom before.

Jason

lurch, a lot of the guys with us and who I met weren't "huge" fans of either Thyrfing or Moonsorrow...they were by the end of the night. I guarantee you would've walked away a fan. I mean, you like metal. End of story.

oh, I agree. It happened to me many times, where after seeing a band live I became a fan ...

I have to admit, I'm right there with you as well. I simply can't comment on these guys in a positive or negative way as I was so far gone by this point. Since we were all drinking at mainly the same times throughout the day, we all must have got our second winds by the time Thyrfing hit the stage, because I totally remember rocking out to those guys after and November's Doom before.

so wait, what you guys are saying is that Gugs was the most sober of all of you? :lol: ... does not compute!

I'm fairly sure both JayKeeley & Zod were significantly more drunk than I, but then again, I'm a professional.

lightweights [/cough]

Quote of the festival, from JayKeeley to me: "Mark, you're not going to fade away, you're just going to explode." :lol:

MFJ said:
Well, I sure regret not going to that. You all could have watched my blow my load over Moonsorrow, but you also would have had to buy me alcohol.

You woulda finally been turned on to Primordial. Trust me, what Gugs said about their live show couldn't be more true.

great account of the crusade :headbang:

hahaha summa those pics :lol:

mike, that's all broccoli, thats all BROCCOLI. you puked up your broccoli!....how dare you.