He's really quite yellow, isn't he? (my tale of Heathen Crusade)

The more the fest sets in, the more I'm convinced that I rank the performances as follows:

Moonsorrow, barely over
Primordial, barely over
Thyrfing, barely over
Novembers Doom
Typhus
Enshrined, barely over
Dumah
everyone else

Dark One said:
:tickled: LOL - of course. Just havin' some fun as always - you know I love ya!

Yes I know. It's just that your joke was so not funny, I thought I'd respond with some overtly condescending sarcasm. Obviously I wasn't overt enough. :loco:

MadeInNewJersey said:
I do the same with Greg and/or Zod. Interchangeable.

At one point this weekend, I referred to him as Greg AND Zod in the same sentence. My cellphone also has his name stored as "Greg Zod".

Eventually this will mutate into "Grod". :loco:

MadeInNewJersey said:
Moonsorrow, barely over
Primordial, barely over
Thyrfing, barely over
Novembers Doom
Typhus
Enshrined, barely over
Dumah
everyone else

Ranking per performance:

Primordial (10/10)
Novembers Doom (9.9/10)
Moonsorrow (9.8/10)
Thyrfing (9.7/10)
Enshrined (8/10)
Typhus (7.5/10)
Dumah (7/10) -- I liked them at the beginning, but anything more than 20 minutes was just doing my head in
Everyone else

Huh. I barely even remember The Chasm. And I told Zod that he was headbanging during a Chasm song??? I don't even remember telling him that!

BY the way, this fucken story by Mark needs some more details!!!!! And I quote...

MaidenGugsy said:
Got to Minnesota with General Zod & JayKeeley at roughly 8 PM CST, hopped a cab and made it to the airport to meet up with Dark One.

My goodness, there's a whole story here that's been missed!! Read:

Got to Minneapolis airport and bumped into half of Primordial in baggage claim. I have never felt so starstruck in my life shaking hands with Nemtheanga and going out of my way to tell him that we flew all the way JUST TO SEE PRIMORDIAL lolz. (It's practically true for me anyway).

Meanwhile, as we've all done the greet and meet with Primordial, Grod's only gone and lost his wallet. So he's patting himself down and checking his bag but it's gone!! Within 30 seconds, some form of "cash radar" starts beeping in Greg's head because he grabs the nearest black guy by the arm....and LO AND BEHOLD, the black guy just happens to have his wallet!!!! "I was going to hand it into security", says he, and Zod gives him a $20 reward. To this day I haven't figured out why he deserved this $20, but still, Zod's a generous mofo and I won't begrudge him of his charity when I'm living on skid row. :loco:

Then we got the cab to the hotel (cab was heated at 110F wtf) and we discussed the merits of the Evil Dead movies on the way. Zod was anti, the rest of us were pro. Even the Kenyan taxi driver that spoke no English was shaking his head at Zod. I think we all settled on Underworld though, but I put that down to Kate Beckinsale in black PVC.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'm fairly sure both JayKeeley & Zod were significantly more drunk than I, but then again, I'm a professional. lightweights [/cough]
Well, there's that, and then there's the fact that someone (I won''t say who... Guggs) decided that they wouldn't drink until 5PM. Granted, that someone (Guggs) eventually caved. However, by that time, some of us (Ali, Jason and I) had a decent jump on that person's (Guggs) lame ass.:loco:

Zod

JayKeeley said:
Meanwhile, as we've all done the greet and meet with Primordial, Grod's only gone and lost his wallet. So he's patting himself down and checking his bag but it's gone!! Within 30 seconds, some form of "cash radar" starts beeping in Greg's head because he grabs the nearest black guy by the arm....and LO AND BEHOLD, the black guy just happens to have his wallet!!!!
LOL. I actually saw him walking with my wallet. How I spotted him, I'll never know.

JayKeeley said:
"I was going to hand it into security", says he, and Zod gives him a $20 reward. To this day I haven't figured out why he deserved this $20...
I just asked myself, "What would Erik do?" Actually, had he wanted to steal my wallet, I imagine he would have simply thrown it into his pocket and not checked out his loot until he was out of sight. When I snatched the wallet from him, he looked startled and his reaction seemed genuine. Plus, the amount of hassle I would have had to have gone through and the amount of emotional distress it would have caused me was worth well beyond $20.

JayKeeley said:
Then we got the cab to the hotel (cab was heated at 110F wtf) and we discussed the merits of the Evil Dead movies on the way. Zod was anti, the rest of us were pro.
In my defense, the only reason I don't like those movies is because I have good taste.:loco:

JayKeeley said:
I think we all settled on Underworld though, but I put that down to Kate Beckinsale in black PVC.
I think Kate Beckinsale in black PVC could negotiate peace in the middle east.

Zod

I don't know how you spotted him. One minute the wallet's gone, I look this way, I look that way....next thing, you've grabbed some guy and he's shat his pants. He looked "startled" because he'd been caught stealing, haha....by some big skinhead.

I mean, look at this, nobody messes with Grodmeister:

heathencrusade20.jpg

EDIT: Look closely and you'll see Thyrfing blood spat across Zod's face. :tickled: