How And When You Discovered Children Of Bodom?

@Joe: You're partly right, but not 100%. My brother is 12 and listens to COB, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Maiden, Death, Pantera, etc since he was 10, :lol: Older brothers do influence a lot sometimes, :lol: We're like a disease, we infect our younger brothers' brains, :lol:

Yeah, when I was abou 11 or 12 my older brother-in-law got me into metal, but when I say Metal I say Slipknot, System Of A Down, Metallica, little bit later he got me into Burzum and Marduk. I still really like SOAD (for all fuckers here around that hate it, fuck youo! :lol:)

I already said this in another thread but fuck n00bs have gotta find shit out and they're sure as hell not gonna just read something old

Do you even think the thread starter read the answers? :lol:

My friends played the song Children of Bodom for me a few years back and I've been a huge fan ever since.

Do you even think the thread starter read the answers? :lol:

Nope I really doubt it for some reason if Shot In The Dark does however I hope he challenges this statement

On the other point my old lady brought me a copy of the black Metallica album when it first came out I would have been maybe 6 or 7 but I can't remember what do remember however is that that was on tape and I amassed about ten of them before everything went to CD's and no she did buy it for me cause she was all like irresponsible or anything I'd heard it my older brother is also a metalhead and thought that it was the coolest thing ever

edit: I also liked G'n'R, Faith No More, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers but a few years later I heard something even cooler a mate introduced me to PANTERA I was in grade 4 in primery school

Heard some follow the reaper, have never liked Bodom much but old stuff is good. And yea, Spanish class sucks. I got into hard rock when I was like 8 years old but going more towards metal every moment. I never had much influence by my older brother but he has a lot of music I listened to and he liked it. Btw i agree some soad is good but other songs are just fucking boring.

Heard em when i was doing a nightshift at work one day. Some random dude put it into the cd player and then I said "What the fuck is this garbage?" Then he said "It's Children Of Bodom, dude!:kickass:" Then i was like ":kickass:"

Spanish class isn't garbage, it gives us a chance to learn a language other than the one you usually speak, and introduce you to a different culture.

I first heard them when Something Wild came out, there was interviews in magazines, I also saw them in some festivals. But I wasn't that much a fan back then. I mean I appreciated the musi, I knew they exists but I really got into COB later. But can't remember exactly when (I obviously old, I start to forget things :lol:).

Well, if I remember right, my classmate, who sits next to me, was wearing metal t-shirts and stuff and I was curious, why is he wearing that...So one day he was wearing nice cob t-shirt, so I asked him, what does children of bodom mean, because in that time i was listening to spice girls and nsync (what do you want from 13 year old girl), so I have no idea. He said that it´s a metal band and bla bla bla and lent me Follow the reaper and Morning crimson from Catamenia. I listened to it few times and I totally hated it, but somehow I put it to my playlist again and I found it not that bad, so I listened to it again, again and again...and finally after several month I bought my own copy of Follow the reaper, Hatebreeder and Something wild and they became my favorite band, and still they are:) End of fucking story :p

Spanish class isn't garbage, it gives us a chance to learn a language other than the one you usually speak, and introduce you to a different culture.

A tip from a Spanish: choose whichever culture you want, but not Spanish please. Tho, if you want to study it, don't go over 19th century. Until that it sucks big time, culture here means football (soccer) and bullfighting nowadays...:erk::erk:

When a mate sent me a vid from Youtube taking the piss, a la Trivitallica interpretations. Except I thought the song (Lake Bodom) was great. So I bought "Something Wild" and was hooked. Had always ignored COB due to the bad press they get from what seems to be the majority of metalheads, wrote them off as a teenage girl's band.

Two years ago, a friend of mine showed me a bunch of songs from Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper, and I thought they were cool.

A couple weeks later, I downloaded most of the Follow the Reaper album, and loved it. So I eventually ended up checking out all their shit.

2 years ago,when I was 13, one of my friends advise me to listen Children Of Bodom.First I listened The Final Countdown.It was not their song,the didn't cover it.So I listened Bed Of Razors and Are You Dead Yet?.Then I listened more than more.And I have all albums of them.They rock!

My friend a mass murderer who plans to go on a murder rampage this year showed me them.

I think it was 3 years ago (on my birthday if I remember correctly) on my brother's mp3 player. Songs Follow The Reaper and Everytime I Die. I kinda liked the music but couldn't understand a word Alexi was singing. I really got into them about a year or something after that.

You guys are so lucky to have older brothers who introduced you to metal... I wasted years of my life without knowing my favorite music :erk: Only when I joined a music forum in the internet... So I heard about COB there and checked out their website, before Wacken 2002.

Because of a friend of mine I starded to listen to metal. He was always suggesting bands to listen to, so I looked them up. But I was getting bored of the music I had and I began searching for some new bands. Then I found cob, didn't like the singing much in the beginning but i got used to it now i'm listening to them more often. It happened a month ago I think.