How big is your CD collection

Originally posted by NeXTLiFE
Whoa there!! The mind boggles at such a compelling argument! Be careful not to hurt yourself. Leave the "thought process" to those who actually HAVE a brain. Meanwhile, you just go "play" lil fella...momma will call when dinner is ready.

What? To make me sick? Or to rob the people you CLAIM to support and CLAIM to be a fan of? The best and most talented musicians in the world are, without doubt, those in the METAL genre. The very same genre that struggles to get airplay and big contracts and relies HEAVILY on the integrity of its fans to keep it alive. And it's dip-shits (prolly like YOU, and your banal buddy 5BillionDead, actually) who whine and CRY when a band produces something slightly more "commercial" and actually gets a chance to MAKE a little money. Money they couldn't make by trying to please their metal "fans" who (in a small diseased minority, i hasten to add) are busy ripping their material off and remarking inane comments such as "Isn't that the purpose?"

Again: I agree your general opinion, but YOU are really embarassing !
Cheerz

About 800 CDs, 300 cassettes, and 14 of those 45's that I "assimilated" from my parents - hahaha!!
All of mixed genres :)
All of my CDs are originals except about 15, and of which, only 5 are actual albums, the rest are compilations. The 5 I have are CDs that are impossible to buy (like obscure Japanese Indie metal bands that have been defunct for 5 years! haha!)
Cassettes: about 12 are compilations, the rest are originals.

I used to have upwards of 2,000 mp3s.. I ditched them after I gained a sense of obligation to support the music I love, but collecting them sure did help me discover a lot of bands I would have never come across otherwise.

~Sh0k~
:)

What? To make me sick? Or to rob the people you CLAIM to support and CLAIM to be a fan of?

Yes, I enjoy making you sick. I bet you didn't know that when I burn a CD, I usually go back later and buy the CD. I enjoy having the original. And yes, when I get the money I'll buy all the CD's I burned.

The best and most talented musicians in the world are, without doubt, those in the METAL genre.

I'm not going to debate that, but most jazz and classical musicians can kick the shit out of metal players. They probably get less exposure and money then metal musicians too.

And it's dip-shits (prolly like YOU, and your banal buddy 5BillionDead, actually) who whine and CRY when a band produces something slightly more "commercial" and actually gets a chance to MAKE a little money. Money they couldn't make by trying to please their metal "fans" who (in a small diseased minority, i hasten to add) are busy ripping their material off and remarking inane comments such as "Isn't that the purpose?"

Banal, huh? I enjoy the new Opeth alot and that is more "commercial" then their previous work. That stereotype doesn't apply to me, thank you very much. :p

Originally posted by Furious B
Yes, I enjoy making you sick. I bet you didn't know that when I burn a CD, I usually go back later and buy the CD. I enjoy having the original. And yes, when I get the money I'll buy all the CD's I burned.

Yeah, i kinda figured you did (enjoy making me sick). BUT anywayz, regarding the "buying" later on the CD's, of course i didn't know! It certainly wasn't easy to glean from your posts. If what you say is true, i apologize for my animosity.

i'm not going to debate that, but most jazz and classical musicians can kick the shit out of metal players. They probably get less exposure and money then metal musicians too.

You're debating already!...heh...seriously though, i wouldn't bother debating it either. I just threw that comment in to see if anyone was actually listening!

Banal, huh? I enjoy the new Opeth alot and that is more "commercial" then their previous work. That stereotype doesn't apply to me, thank you very much. :p

Whilst i stand by my point 101%, i have the balls to admit i obviously jumped to conclusions in your case. Thanks for clarifying your point of view.

Happy Birthday lil dude!!! Hope you have MANY more!

If that was aimed at me... shut up...

I don't like being patronized... lil man...

:yell:

Heh.

I found more actually... I got about 25ish or something... sometimes you just have to look under the pile of rubbish on the floor to find them...

I lost count around 400 something on my CDs about two years ago. I buy a lot of music plus I get promos for my site sometimes so I have maybe well over 600 something.

As far as vinyl goes.....only a few things since I don't have a turntable yet.