How Did You Discover Opeth?

My friend bought Morningrise but he wasn't getting into it all that fast. He let me listen to "to bid you farewell" and I loved it. I was on a forum and one guy mentioned that Lementations was he favorite DVD. So when I was down to the record store with my bro I told him about the comment and he bought the DVD on a whim. We watched it and what got me at first were their stage presence. They may not do much, but they weren't being fakes and yelling at the cround to "make some fucking noise". They made it feel like the music just speaks for itself and I dug that. At the time death metal wasn't new to me because I was listening to Amon Amarth at the time, so when it got to the heavy part of the set it instantly popped my Opeth cherry.

first song i heard was Deliverence, i thought it blew, but then i heard Ghost of predition and Deirge for November, and that was the next thing on my ipod.

First song I heard was Blackwater Park, a buddy told me to check them out so I did. I was in love with the guitar playing and from there on got into the rest of their albums.