How did you find the Royal Carnage forum?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Obviously some here like, you know, created it, but if not, how did you stumble across it?

I clicked markgugs' signature, because the motto (see JayKeeley's signature if you don't know it) was awesome. That was in... March of 2003 I think. Two months later after pestering JayKeeley he gave me a writing gig. :loco:

I followed Black Winter Day from Nevermore board. There's no real useful music discussion over there; try as you might to instigate some (and even if you do it will probably end with IOfTheStorm telling you to listen to Psychotic Waltz).

I think I got fed up with the clique at the Dark Tranquillity board and wanted some serious MUSIC discussion. You guys at the RC forum also recommend the best bands and albums.

I met a guy named Markgugs at the Nevermore forum. We started chatting on AIM, when he mentioned that he and some people he knew were starting up a webzine. I join in. The chaos ensues. I, however, pull out of RC before any of the material is written. I still check up on the forum every now and then. Suddenly, I'm posting here non-stop and am writing for the team.

i think i was on the Apropriate Apocalypse board a little bit ... then that fizzled out and i clicked on this link. as far as I remember.

yeh i think gugs told me about it on aim before it really got going, and i checked it out as soon as it was up. then i didnt post for a bit, and came back and didnt get along too well, then didnt read it for awhile, then our lil buddy from NC told me he was reading a funny thread about manowar where i said mean things, and i read it and got nostalgic and decided to come back and harass yous guys for still having too many threads about old bands (which there used to be). then it got interesting again and i found some really great music. and thats my RC experience so far...

I read Markgug's review of Kataklysm's Shadows and Dust on Amazon.com and decided to check out this RoyalCarnage.Com that the review was originally written for, which led me to click on the forum button and end up here. That was Oct. 2003, I hadn't known about UM before that.

JK used to post on the PowerQuest forum before RC existed, and when it began to exist I think he told us about this forum. I think I started posting in about May 2003?

(has it really been that long?! :erk: )

I got tired of the Swedish Metal forum and looked thourgh the list of forums for an option and choose the one which seemed to be most active :D Not sure when it was really, a year ago, perhaps a little less
Good choice I must say, this is an entertaining/cool place and there's not one person of the regulars that I find retarded, and that's pretty damn rare on an internet forum