how do people like this get their hands on opeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloPhenomenon said:
i mean... describing tool, opeth and beatles as talentless and metallica as the opposite cant be from a sane mind.

:lol: there is so much ignorance on this forum that i don't see why we have to look elsewhere to laugh at morons. i mean, look at this post. if you don't like the same bands as him, you cannot be sane. imagine that.

edit: hating bands because of their fans is weird. how the fuck is the band responsible for their fans being morons? good bands have legions of fucking moronic fans just as well as bad ones.

Lol, I saw Al Bundy posting on UM a while ago, he had quotes in his sig of people saying their favorite bands, and then he wrote something about eliminating false metal or something. That guy was a troll. Probably the same person on flabbermouth.

another Al Bundy quote for some laughs:

COMMENT |
posted by : Al Bundy
6/1/2006 7:43:41 PM

PigIronMudCasket should be beaten and shot. Slayer is the greatest band of all time. Never once did they do an emo or nu metal song. Slayer has always been thrash metal. If you dont like Slayer, Kill yourself. PigIronMudCasket , go back and listen to your Opeth records. Opeth sucks and they arent gods. You dont like metal at all. Opeth is more overrated then The Beatles. I'm glad im not one of you Opeth sheep. I actually listen to REAL bands that play REAL metal instead of some shit that you all have a boner for. Opeth are terrible. They arent gods and you can stick a cock in your mouth you stupid fucking faggot. Opeth are not even that heavy. They are prog death emo. Their fans are usually idiots who think Opeth are gods when they havent even made any important albums. Now go back to your Linkin Park records you pop loving queer.

EveOfDarkness said:
another Al Bundy quote for some laughs:

COMMENT |
posted by : Al Bundy
6/1/2006 7:43:41 PM

PigIronMudCasket should be beaten and shot. Slayer is the greatest band of all time. Never once did they do an emo or nu metal song. Slayer has always been thrash metal. If you dont like Slayer, Kill yourself. PigIronMudCasket , go back and listen to your Opeth records. Opeth sucks and they arent gods. You dont like metal at all. Opeth is more overrated then The Beatles. I'm glad im not one of you Opeth sheep. I actually listen to REAL bands that play REAL metal instead of some shit that you all have a boner for. Opeth are terrible. They arent gods and you can stick a cock in your mouth you stupid fucking faggot. Opeth are not even that heavy. They are prog death emo. Their fans are usually idiots who think Opeth are gods when they havent even made any important albums. Now go back to your Linkin Park records you pop loving queer.

i love when poeple try and criticize anothers musical taste by using a genre that they obviously have no idea what it actually is.

anyways, slayer has covered minor threat songs, minor threat is fronted by Ian MacKaye (who was also the primary lyricist, and involved in writing the music to an extent), MacKaye also fronted/wrote for Embrace (not the pop band....), one of the first 'emo' bands. he also owns dischord records, which is/was home to a great deal of emo bands. they covered songs written by one of the founders of emo.

anyways...you cant be an 'emo' band if youre not a hardcore punk band anyways.

Yeah AlBundy used to post on the general forum. Then changed his name to Consuming Impulse. He still posts here, and literally every post he says "opeth fucking sucks" at the end of his statement. He's an idiot.

Hey I are not an idiot you is an idiot you poo poo head cause opeff be all dat fo shizzle and if you can't udnerstand that well you have bad taste in music and you suk. Mikale is the most non-ego-like guy i ever saw and really puts the whole groop out front and everyone in opeffe be really kool n stuf. Blak watre park may hav -prossibly been on of thebest recrods of all time simply becus it intraduced acustic and hevy gitar to the mettle scene. no band had evre done sumthin liek that befro so mad props 2 mah gangstz from stockhelm swedan

westknife said:
metal is a derivative of the blues, you do the math

metal is not a direct offshoot of blues though. emo is a direct offshoot of hardcore. why dont you actually listen to some real emo and maybe you can see.

by the way, if youre going to look for some, you may as well search for mid-late 80s band...it basically died in teh early 90's...though there are a handful around today.

in essence it is hardcore punk, the lyrical content is often different and vocal approach shows less restraint.

theres actually no difference between metal and blues. can you actually hear much of a difference between meshuggah and john lee hooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.