How is Tool received here?

YouthanAsia

ProgMetal Majesty
Sep 15, 2006
Philippines
Hey guys!
Obviously I'm a n00b in this forum. Just curious: How do you find Tool? I mean, do you like (or hate) them ? Some say they are not actually metal. As for me, I think they are very good and I actually like most of their albums specially Lateralus and AEnima. So come on, fill me in.

people here either really like them or are indifferent towards them. personally i used to live through their albums and while they dont get any where near as much play time as in the past i still am pretty fond of them even though 10000 days didnt improve on lateralus the way i would have liked it too. i expected more anger out of maynard and something a little different out of adam jones but like iron maiden they have their own sound and stick to it. try listening to the last two katatonia albums as they give me that satisfaction that tool used to. the band is a fan of tool as well but dont really copy them.

you're brave for asking this on this forum.

imo they're a very good band, although I think Aenima is much better than Lateralus. haven't heard the new one...

They just never got me to listen to they're songs and say "i like this stuff".

ivry91 said:
They just never got me to listen to they're songs and say "i like this stuff".

They never got me to do that either. Bastards, why didn't they come over? I sent them a lovely e-mail and all....

YouthanAsia said:
Hey guys!
Obviously I'm a n00b in this forum. Just curious: How do you find Tool? I mean, do you like (or hate) them ? Some say they are not actually metal. As for me, I think they are very good and I actually like most of their albums specially Lateralus and AEnima. So come on, fill me in.

They're not received well here. I am however indifferent.

I'm indifferent, I don't think they're the greatest musicians on earth like most of their hardcore fans think they are though.

talented musicians, and i like their style... not a big fan, but i have all their albums because i can