How is Tool received here?

Tool is a basic hardrock band trying to be expirimental. Tool has a good drummer and bassist but the guitarist Adam Jones holds them back. I would not consider the band prog like people make them out to be. Tool was good at what they did at a certain point, the last two cds tool failed to reinvent themselves change or progress, the band does not need to wait to release something every 5 or 6 years at this point when it's the same old same old.

Hahaha Greys.

The Greys said:
Tool is a basic hardrock band trying to be expirimental.

I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to any Tool outside of what is on the radio, which sure is a horrible way to judge music. If you have heard Lateralus, you have no excuse to say that they "failed to progress" or any such bullshit, as they clearly have (progressed, that is).

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Hahaha Greys.

I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to any Tool outside of what is on the radio, which sure is a horrible way to judge music. If you have heard Lateralus, you have no excuse to say that they "failed to progress" or any such bullshit, as they clearly have (progressed, that is).

I was thinking the same thing. And even though I don't like 10000 days much (though I haven't given it much of a chance) it definitely is not a rehash of any of their albums and they are still trying some new things here and there.

Never gave a fuck about Tool. Never understood what was supposedly so good about them ever.

I've only heard various songs, but I like them. Not my favorite band, but they're pretty good. New album's annoying from what I've heard though