I enjoy Opeth more when I am smoking pot

Alteredmindeath said:
Weed is not that bad it helps insomniacs and people that have eating disorders.

So does beer. :kickass:

Alteredmindeath said:
I would rather hang out with pot heads than a bunch of stupid ignorant smelly drunks.

:lol:
I don't stink (much) and would rather keep paying my bills than lose my house cuz I failed a piss test for weed and got fired. Guess that makes me stupid and ignorant. :rolleyes:

To each his own.

As far as the mold? Nothing that can live in beer will kill you.

If you smoke pot and are at a job with the risk of random drug testing, that's most definately a problem.

All I know is pot subsides problems I have with my stomach, and also eases certain other ailments at imes. It most definately has medicinal values.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with either, in moderation.

I just find labeling drunks as stupid, smelly, and ignorant to be the same as the stereotyping of stoners.
If you smoke and don't want to be stereotyped, don't point the same finger at those who drink.

I gave you the cliche bullshit argument on behalf of smoking weed. And you came right back with the cliche bullshit argument against smoking weed. OMG WEED IZ BAD 4U LOLZ The fact that you've attatched yourself to the linear logics against doing anything unhealthy leads me to believe you are generally a coward. Although no personal attack is implied, you're going to get upset anyway because I questioned your resolve as a man. Once again, you're a victim to linear logics. I'm not impending on your decision to not smoke pot, I just don't understand the negative look out on such a plant? It's not super-synthisized cocoa leaf. It's simply a dried bud, right off of a plant. Nothing more natural than that.

Misseriah said:
It's not super-synthisized cocoa leaf. It's simply a dried bud, right off of a plant. Nothing more natural than that.

Well, back in the 60s this was the case, but nowadays there's been a hell of a lot of selective breeding, etc. and it's a pretty damned potent leaf.

I remember being at heathrow with my brother who smokes, and not being able to smoke for however many hours made him desperate for one, so outside at the bus station he lit a smoke, and some woman standing near started doing the pathetic coughing thing and waving her hand about and then came up to us and said someone in her family had died of cancer like her and her family were the center of the universe and everyone should care and that my brother was insensitive...

I don't smoke. I don't enjoy being around smokers, but most of my friends smoke, so I put up with it and they put up with the fact I don't smoke. But I won't have some idiot telling my brother not to smoke in a TOTALLY EMPTY BUS STATION WITH LOADS OF ROOM TO STAND SOMEWHERE ELSE and not to mention that in london EVERYTHING STINKS LIKE SOMETHING UNPLEASANT ANYWAY.

So after that rant she went away, and I was happy again. I told my brother to breath smoke in her face, but he is too nice to do that. Its not our fault someone in her family was stupid enough to smoke and get lung cancer and die. If my brother dies of it he probably deserves it. Its a pretty simple formula really. You inhale smoke, you may die, you may cough your guts up for the rest of your life. Your choice. Family members of smokers who die are much worse than non smokers!

Another thing that annoys me is when my friend says "eww that smells" when other friends are smoking pot. Yeah, it stinks, I hate the smell, but he is smoking a straight at the same time!! You know, the equally disgusting smelling but legal form of second hand smoke. :rolleyes: He never complains that his cigarettes smell because he has no sense of smell from years of smoking. I can smell both, and they officially stink.

Ranting makes me want to take up smoking or drinking or something :lol:

Benighted1 said:
Shit thats a way to travel for the concert!
yep, it is, however its of course absolutely worth it, and im happily willing to pay to come to aucks(considering i was gonna go to melbourne to see them anyway), plus 2 or 3 friends of mine are coming up too so it should be a great weekend, once in a lifetime opportunity for like 400 bucks, i can handle that.

Just come from a night out with Benighted1, introducing some of our other friends with abit of the Opeth dvd round at their flat.

Sat back with a few beers, and watched a few songs then went off to a party.

Had a pretty great time at the party, telling a few folks about Opeth and proceeded with getting more drunk. Had a session then went back to the flat and watched heaps more of the dvd, completely stoned and drunk, and man that shit was blowing my mind!:err:
Absolutely incredible.

Opeth is indeed great when you're high... especially the mellower stuff, but some heavy songs get me when im stoned.. blackwater park and the moor in particular.

personally even before i started smokin pot i thought it smelled good, waaaaay better than cigarettes cmon. have you ever left a concert with the smell of pot smoke on your clothes? or the smell of cigarettes? cmon now.. quit bitchin.

Moobaa said:
Opeth is indeed great when you're high... especially the mellower stuff, but some heavy songs get me when im stoned.. blackwater park and the moor in particular.

personally even before i started smokin pot i thought it smelled good, waaaaay better than cigarettes cmon. have you ever left a concert with the smell of pot smoke on your clothes? or the smell of cigarettes? cmon now.. quit bitchin.

Agreed.

Definitely not a fan on cigarettes.

Has any of the Symphony X fans ever sat in front of a stereo completely stoned and drunk and listened to the entire song the Odyssey? I recomend it.
I had to get up after and go out to the garden and puke.

Moobaa said:
have you ever left a concert with the smell of pot smoke on your clothes? or the smell of cigarettes? cmon now.. quit bitchin.

yes, and i can't stand the smell of either. I've tried both, did nothing for me. But teh smell will always irritate me.

cigars i can stand smoking, theyre not bad, but dont REALLY do anything for me, so i dont smoke them either. but the smell of cigars is worse than pot and cigarettes...so theres another reason.

årt said:
So does beer. :kickass:

:lol:
I don't stink (much) and would rather keep paying my bills than lose my house cuz I failed a piss test for weed and got fired. Guess that makes me stupid and ignorant. :rolleyes:

To each his own.

As far as the mold? Nothing that can live in beer will kill you.

Keep paying those bills now and drink up feed that gut.:loco:

I do not smoke anymore.

I was listening to King Diamond high getting a different perspective on their already incredible guitar solos one time.

For some reason's solos seem longer than you think high. You're like WOAH this is a lot more crazy than I originally thought.

Alteredmindeath said:
Keep paying those bills now and drink up feed that gut.:loco:

Not a problem. As long as I can keep on brewing beer under the roof of my house and playing with my son life is good. :cool: