I enjoy Opeth more when I am smoking pot

Caesar Metallius said:
! So to all those ignorant retards out there who want to keep law abiding citizens like me from smoking, learn your facts and shut the fuck up!
learn that facts and truth are often in disagreement. and stfu :lol:

smoke weed if you want, but don't go telling other people what they should or should not do, unless you want them telling YOU the same.

In my extensive experience with marijuana, the main drawback is it's propensity to make people happy with laziness and boredom. Getting high's great but not when it's the focal point of your life. Also, smoking weed can cause lung cancer just as well as cigarettes.

Kenneth R. said:
learn that facts and truth are often in disagreement. and stfu :lol:

smoke weed if you want, but don't go telling other people what they should or should not do, unless you want them telling YOU the same.

That wasn't directed at you; you have a respectable opinion on the subject Kenneth. And I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, except for them to not tell me what to do.

However, I don't understand how facts and truth can disagree. Doesn't "fact" mean the truth? If something is true, it is a fact. Anyone disagree?

Benighted1 said:
So did anyone see that dumass who posted that thread on herion :lol:

Obviously the reason why there is a thread on pot is because a lot of people here enjoy smoking up & listening to Opeth. Im sure he doesn't shoot smack & listen to them :lol:
It would be pretty hard anyway seen as smack often knocks the user unconscious.

It's "dumbass".

Dumbass.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
In my extensive experience with marijuana, the main drawback is it's propensity to make people happy with laziness and boredom. Getting high's great but not when it's the focal point of your life. Also, smoking weed can cause lung cancer just as well as cigarettes.
but you can be high while getting lung cancer!!!!!

i dont need to smoke weed to see the effects of it. i've watched friends of mine smoke pot for 6 years now, i know what it does to you. but yeah, pot smells like shit and i hate going to concerts and inhaling it for hours on end. thats all i was getting at. im not judging anybody, but the bottom line is that pot is illegal.

Caesar Metallius said:
However, I don't understand how facts and truth can disagree. Doesn't "fact" mean the truth? If something is true, it is a fact. Anyone disagree?
i do. earlier on in our history, it was a known "fact" that the world did not revolve around the sun. many people believed this, including scientists. a few opposed and were jailed and killed for heresy.

haven't you ever seen the abysmal news stories about how it's been shown to be a "fact" that x causes cancer, and then a week later they say x prevents cancer. what is the truth? let's not forget chuck norris 'facts'. :lol:

in short, a fact is simply a popular common opinion, or an opinion by someone the populous trusts as a professional on the subject, whether that trust is warranted or not.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
Also, smoking weed can cause lung cancer just as well as cigarettes.

A long standing argument with no solid proof. Not that it matters, for anything that messes with the brain can't be considered good for you. But we're human, and feeling good > good for you.

Kenneth R. said:
i do. earlier on in our history, it was a known "fact" that the world did not revolve around the sun. many people believed this, including scientists. a few opposed and were jailed and killed for heresy.

haven't you ever seen the abysmal news stories about how it's been shown to be a "fact" that x causes cancer, and then a week later they say x prevents cancer. what is the truth? let's not forget chuck norris 'facts'. :lol:

in short, a fact is simply a popular common opinion, or an opinion by someone the populous trusts as a professional on the subject, whether that trust is warranted or not.

I see what you are saying Kenneth. As with the earth orbiting the sun, it was proved through research and scientific theory. The opinion about Marijuana's effects has changed very much over the years as more research as gone into the subject. Have you ever seen Reefer Madness, a movie from the 1930's? It showed alleged "facts" about Marijuana, however those have been proven to be completely false. What I stated about Marijuana is our best understanding of it, and it has been prove "true" to a significant extent. People can still argue that the current facts are not true, but one can also argue about the earth's orbit around the sun. Do you believe we orbit around the sun? Not one of us can say we know that is exactly how the earth works, but we believe it is true because it has been proven to us. It has been proven with significant evidence that Marijuana poses very few health risks and long term negative effects, therefore, I will accept it as the truth, and all sensable people should as well.

brownden said:
i dont need to smoke weed to see the effects of it. i've watched friends of mine smoke pot for 6 years now, i know what it does to you. but yeah, pot smells like shit and i hate going to concerts and inhaling it for hours on end. thats all i was getting at. im not judging anybody, but the bottom line is that pot is illegal.
I agree that it can be bad if you do it everyday for six years, but i dont see any harm in occasionally lighting one up.

the "facts" about weed may have changed, and no doubt there are those who manipulate data to make it appear more harmful than it is, and no doubt there are those who manipulate data to make it appear more harmless than it is. this is a market that sells, and both sides have motives. what won't change is that smoking anything is very likely unhealthy. think whatever you wish.

Caesar Metallius said:
and all sensable people should as well.

i was accepting your statement until you said this. i'll be damned if i listen to anyone who demands that people agree with them. your opinion is opinion, or if you are popular, a fact. your opinion is still an opinion, and i reserve the right to my own opinion and to tell you to shove it if i disagree.

ps: it's "sensible"

brownden said:
i dont need to smoke weed to see the effects of it. i've watched friends of mine smoke pot for 6 years now, i know what it does to you.

This is exactly how I think about this. I do not need to read pro and contra "facs" from wikipedia or whereever to know the negative effects.

And as a sportsman, I do not let any kind of smoke make my lungs useless.

Kenneth R. said:
the "facts" about weed may have changed, and no doubt there are those who manipulate data to make it appear more harmful than it is, and no doubt there are those who manipulate data to make it appear more harmless than it is. this is a market that sells, and both sides have motives. what won't change is that smoking anything is very likely unhealthy. think whatever you wish.

i was accepting your statement until you said this. i'll be damned if i listen to anyone who demands that people agree with them. your opinion is opinion, or if you are popular, a fact. your opinion is still an opinion, and i reserve the right to my own opinion and to tell you to shove it if i disagree.

ps: it's "sensible"

I wasn't demanding that you agree with me. It is perfectly fine if you disagree with me.
What I meant by that is that sensIble people need to acknowledge what has been proven and accept that there is truth to it, which you seem to have done. I'm not demanding that anyone feel exactly like I do, just that they respect it, and take what science has proven seriously.
Not to "tell you what to do" or anything, but don't be so defensive man. I'm not out to get on your case, I was just having a good debate with you.

Cheers! :kickass:

Caesar Metallius said:
What I meant by that is that sensIble people need to acknowledge what has been proven and accept that there is truth to it, which you seem to have done.
nah, sensible people seek the truth for themselves, regardless of what "facts" others might be trying to promote.

if you think science can prove something, you don't understand science. science is a very good method of elimination. it disproves things, leaving less possiblities. nothing has ever been proven, and again you attempt to interchange the notion of popular opinion and actual result.