I hate emo. Bloodbath backs this up.

this reminds me of the time i went to see Thrice/Dashboard Confessional with my girlfriend. in return she went to see Goat Horn with me. I fucking win.

1076.jpg

vs.

ghlive15.jpg

... and the singer gave her a knock on the noggin with his bass head too... ah, revenge is sweet!

I don't know Jinn... To me, hardcore is just a louder version of emo. It is not 'anti-emo'. In many ways, hardcore is worse, because it takes the surface elements of metal (loud guitar, drums, vocals) and applies them towards making what is basically Power Emo. I can't fucking stand it. I was in a restaurant yesterday, wearing a Strapping Young Lad shirt, with my friend who was wearing his Dark Funeral shirt, and some fucker in an Atreyu shirt sat down at a table near us. He looked like a fucking hardcore fan, too. I felt like I was in the midst of mine enemy. ~_~ I felt irritated the whole time he was there. However, he arrived after us and left before us, which I took to be a metaphor for, 'Metal was here before hardcore, and will remain long after hardcore has remembered that it's time for it to go fuck itself.'

Mantraschism said:
I don't know Jinn... To me, hardcore is just a louder version of emo. It is not 'anti-emo'. In many ways, hardcore is worse, because it takes the surface elements of metal (loud guitar, drums, vocals) and applies them towards making what is basically Power Emo. I can't fucking stand it. I was in a restaurant yesterday, wearing a Strapping Young Lad shirt, with my friend who was wearing his Dark Funeral shirt, and some fucker in an Atreyu shirt sat down at a table near us. He looked like a fucking hardcore fan, too. I felt like I was in the midst of mine enemy. ~_~ I felt irritated the whole time he was there. However, he arrived after us and left before us, which I took to be a metaphor for, 'Metal was here before hardcore, and will remain long after hardcore has remembered that it's time for it to go fuck itself.'

It must be done. They have pit ninjas! We can use them to wipe emo out.

@Jinn: Dude, hardcore moshing is the lamest thing I've ever seen. I had to see that during the first three bands who opened for SYL. It looked like all those kids were fighting invisible bears or something. It was retarded. I think we can just let metal do the wiping out of emo.

Mantraschism said:
@butnix: What? I never said I was 'mad' about my 'friend'. I said I felt irritated when the hardcore kid sat down next to me and my friend.

i didn't mean'd your friend, i was talking about the harcore kid 2 :)
manowar says: brothers of metal, aight? so mine opinion is were all 'friends'

butnix said:
manowar says: brothers of metal, aight? so mine opinion is were all 'friends'

I really hate the saying, but 'That's so Gay'. When I'm watching a gig or I'm walking around the festival area I don't wanna see bunch of power metallers hailing each other, blabbering about the unifying power of metal!

"Brothers of Metal unite!". Blah, Brothers of Metal can go and fuck themselves.

if u say that it's gay, i observ that as a infantile saying. but we can't all be the same :)
we are one group that listens to the same thing (however it's vary's A LOT from style to style) so why flaming eachother off, where all in the same 'culture'. I don't fucking mind at all if u start flaming people that have londsdale clothes. because they are faking us. and that something i FUCKING HATE

@butnix: What are you talking about? I did not say, 'A metal guy sat down next to us.' I said, 'A hardcore kid sat down next to us.' Hardcore and metal are not the same thing! Where you get, 'We all listen to the same thing so we're all friends', I have no idea, because we don't ('we' meaning me and my friend, and then the hardcore kid) listen to the same fucking thing -- my friend and I listen to metal, and the hardcore kid listens to hardcore. I'll reiterate, metal and hardcore are not the same thing.

Sorry to say that, but Dan Swanö had an emo-band in the 90s. Subway Mirror, he did vocals and guitar.
They played no emo-core, but this punk related emo. Soft punk or so..
I like it.
But as the most of you I think this Hardcore stuff really sucks.