Ideal partners

I know i'm a bit late in replying to this thread, but what the hell.

hyena said:
Assuming that one can't have everything, do you place great stock in moral qualities such as fidelity, ability to withstand adversities etc. at the expense of the degree of passion and affection that the person spontaneously elicits in you?
Assuming that one can't have everything, i do prefer qualities such as fidelity, understanding, communication etc. My ability to trust is nowadays very limited, so just being able to trust someone is of great importance in itself.
But i disagree with the initial assumption, because i think that it is possible to have both. I could justify this by saying something cheesy like "when it's TEH thing, there should be both", but i'll just go on and say that imo when there is trust and understanding there can be a much greater degree of passion, and of course a lot more affection.

hyena said:
Would you rather have only one partner for your life or several? In the latter case, do you think each of them should be a synthesis of what you like or would you prefer to have different people for different seasons of life?
One, thank you very much.

hyena said:
Why do you think you're attracted to the qualities you're attracted to? Do they fit in your personal history somehow? Do they reflect something that you learnt from/see in your parents? Or opposite to that? Etc.
I can say for sure that the qualities i'm attracted to fit perfectly in my personal history. The usual pattern is the one of trying to find in a partner what the previous one lacked, sometimes disregarding other vital qualities along the way. This up to the point when i get to find in someone the qualities i always wanted.
As for my parents, i've always had an instinctive disregard for their advice, but sometimes i find myself feeling relief in the thought that my partner has qualities that my parents should like.

hyena said:
do you like anyone in this forum? i mean like in the sense of 'i'd probably fall for him/her if i met him/her'
yeah. minus the "her" part.

hyena said:
you're welcome. :p

hi all,
sometimes i disappear and come back again...:p

well i know what i need in a man... a man who walks in the same direction as i do in life and especially one who protects me and leaves me free at the same time:that is what i would like to give him...this is REAL LOVE for me.
then a man who has the same super-strong passion for music as i have and possibly a musician in his spare time,like me... :p and last but not least a man with LIGHT in his heart!!! :)

the problem is...is there any man like that???? i guess i'll turn in circles to search for him and never find him... :erk:

physically i don't care about anything but this period i find pretty beautiful the singer from Siddharta, a croatian rock band. ;)

pffft the thread is not "which cheesy 70s tv show bimbos do you have a crush on?"
you have to discuss strapping young lad or say stuff like "dark as my soul"

Hitori said:
you have to discuss strapping young lad or say stuff like "dark as my soul"

right... so if my partner had to mirror my innermost disposition his main quality would be 'sleepy'. happy now? :lol:

@marduk: you're so lucky :) i've had relationships with some very wonderful men.
for some reason they weren't very wonderful relationships, possibly because i needed more love experience to fully understand and appreciate what i had.

I love WoW. Well, I did. But since breaking up with my bf, I've had to stop. We used to play together daily. I have a few characters on Hyjal (Caelestia, a Warlock) and a kickass Shaman named Matako on Firetree.

What are the features you look for in a sentimental partner?
Oh my god, after the last one, I just want someone who doesn't have intimacy issues and isn't crazy. But looking at the bigger picture, I want someone with a big heart, creative spirit, wacky sense of humour, kindness and compassion, the ability to understand and forgive, someone who isn't afraid to open up and give himself wholly (hello, intimacy). I like spontaneity, it'd be nice if he weren't afraid to get up and dance. I'm tired of hearing lame excuses, "I'm a guy, I don't dance." He must have a decent relationship with his mother, or at least be forgiving of her faults even if he chooses not to interact with her daily. Add the list of standard qualities (eg. intelligence, honesty, open-mindedness, etc). Judgemental loners can fuck off.

Assuming that one can't have everything, do you place great stock in moral qualities such as fidelity, ability to withstand adversities etc. at the expense of the degree of passion and affection that the person spontaneously elicits in you?
Yes! It is so important you pick someone who doesn't crumble at the first obstacle. I want a guy who will stick by me and not bail when things get tough.

Would you rather have only one partner for your life or several? In the latter case, do you think each of them should be a synthesis of what you like or would you prefer to have different people for different seasons of life?
Tough question. I'd love to say, give me the perfect man and I will be happy with him. However, it's necessary (for me) to have several experiences in order to fully understand what I want. For all I know, I met someone who was close to perfect for me but didn't realise it. But people change all the time, so is there really anyone who's perfect for me? Maybe someone who's perfect at the time? o_O

Why do you think you're attracted to the qualities you're attracted to? Do they fit in your personal history somehow? Do they reflect something that you learnt from/see in your parents? Or opposite to that? Etc.
Trial and error. Heh, obviously there have to be similar qualities. Yet I wouldn't want someone who is exactly like me. Like a friend pointed out, I'd be dating a version of me with a penis and balls (although I must say I have a bigger set than the last one :p). Some things I thought were so important to me initially don't matter as much now. It's not so much that I compromised, but that it's unrealistic and unfair to expect so much of someone when I can't deliver the same myself.

Hitori said:
@NL

suena bien, tiene hermanos? :p
tip: "pelo moreno"... moreno se aplica solo para la piel, piel morena etc. pelo es "oscuro".

That thing again, uh? Everytime I see it, the whole thing scares the hell out of me. I would like to stress, however, that "pelo moreno" is perfectly well suited in that sentence, almost in spanish as it is spoken in Spain ("un chico de pelo moreno" = "a dark haired guy"). Never heard it was only appliable to the skin colour. :p

Can't answer to the main subject, I'm sorry. I could come up with some adjectives and qualities but... well, I think love doesn't attend to our preferences (love is evil, we all know that), so I don't wanna give him any clues/hints to trick me up next time. :p

|ng (Here and there)

|ngenius said:
Never heard it was only appliable to the skin colour. :p

I'd never heard it was appliable to hair colour
... she's better off speaking mexican-spanish anyways ;)

i am having possibly the hardest time of my life in determining who my ideal partner is. i really really have no lovey emotions most of the time. when i think i'm going to feel something, i feel nothing. and when i think i'm going to feel nothing, i actually do feel nothing. it's like men cannot squeeze anything out of me (no silly jokes please. :p) i hate that. :erk:

I understand that. I think I found candidates for my ideal partner (not really but some peoples with the potential). They are two variations on the key theme. Do I do anything about it? Nope. One I'm in no possition to anyway. It's someone I knew from a couple of years back who I saw for a second at the weekend and yeah, it was love at first or second or whatever it is when you havent seen them for a while sight ( :lol: ). There's a bit more to it than I'll bore you with. The other ideal partner probably isn't really ideal, but shes this girl who is just so nice and kind yet reserved. So corruptable :Smokedev: . With both there is just absolutely no way I'll be able to 'Take a crack' at them because I've put them on such a high pedestool. Just talking to them Im like "Woah!!!" Like they're royalty or something... I mean, the manner in which I speak/spoke to them is normal and personable, but my mind starts going all over the place... I become extremely self conscious, yet so self conscious that I try to cloak the fact that Im being self concious. I dunno if I mean self conscious, I probably mean conscious of myself. Anyone know what I mean?

@hyena: you dont really have to have any lovey feelings whatsoever. Its not about that. You just have to find someone who makes you feel really comfortable and yourself, makes you feel Good. And then its just a big small step. There are no ideal partners.