If Americans are as stupid as you say...

Um, my answer might have been mentioned somehow in the previous posts, but I wouldn't say Americans are stupid. They just have been importing people with brains, making them Americans, giving them a home and a good income, and claiming their inventions, discoveries, and whatnot depending on the nature of the smart guys' field of work. Stupid people don't import smart people to their side lol. it should be the opposit I guess...

Maybe in this case size does matter?!
America is big ergo more "stupid" people? (I put stupid between " coz what makes a person stupid?)
Maybe people are not stupid just ignorant? Coz Americans do know how to sugarcoat it don't they...

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud!

Sorry, I'm lost, I've been offline for two years... (until americans brought internet for us spaniards; jk)... but.... who started the 'American are stupids' thread?

Anyway, i don't think anybody, individually or as a group, is stupid for being from a determinated country. Have Americans higher probabilities?... Let's leave that to your imagination.:err:

Sorry, I'm lost, I've been offline for two years... (until americans brought internet for us spaniards; jk)... but.... who started the 'American are stupids' thread?

Anyway, i don't think anybody, individually or as a group, is stupid for being from a determinated country. Have Americans higher probabilities?... Let's leave that to your imagination.:err:

Mehdi, you should post a link to this thread in the billy milano forum . :heh:

those guys would sort these euro mongs out fairly sharpish

Steven said:
... how, then, are they the wealthiest and most powerful people on the face of the earth?
Provide me with a valid answer to this question--not simply some snide remark. Let's examine things on a smaller level, for a moment: take, for example, your local community. Is it the unintelligent who are successful- the doctors, lawyers, politicians and executives, and so on? No, certainly not-- the unintelligent are the dole-twats, the dregs, the fast-food employees, the day laborers, etc. Individuals don't happen upon success and prosperity, do they? Neither do nations. If that truly were the case, Botswana and Guatemala might be the wealthiest and most powerful nations, and not the likes of America, Germany, or the UK.

If Americans really are so profoundly unintelligent, let's do without the technological advances they have brought us. No machine or appliance that uses electricity would be allowed--an American, it was, who first harnessed electricity for technical application. Enjoy your firelight. This would also rule out the internet you're utilizing at this very moment--also the product of 'unintelligent' American minds. The next time you book a flight--oh, you're way ahead of me! Since the plane is the construct of an unintelligent American mind, and since you've nothing to do with anything American, I'd like you to row to your next travel destination.
Further, all American products to be found in your household must be discarded; own any cds by American bands? Snap them in half. As nothing good has come out of the U.S., though, you don't listen to any American bands to begin with.

If America really is as dismal a place as you say, please explain to me why millions upon millions have emigrated to that country, while virtually no Americans have left for other countries.

The general perception amongst most Europeans is that Americans are ignorant, cultureless, oblivious to the world around them, and actually unintelligent. Funny, then, that said perception is itself built on stereotypes, generalizations, ignorance, and laziness! "You mean life in American doesn't really approximate an episode of the Jerry Springer show?" "You're American and you don't own a gun?" "I think European CNN news coverage does provide a realistic, non-biased view of life in America."---
actual, seriously-rendered quotes, sadly, from the mouths of 'enlightened, sophisticated' Europeans...
It is the inherent desire to dislike Americans, rather than a fair and balanced appraisal of these people--taking into account their flaws AND their merits (but we musn't admit to the latter's existence, hmm?)-- that is ultimately responsible.

There are, you see, a great many Americans who are, in fact, educated, cultured, and well versed in (and more importantly, interested in) the world beyond U.S. borders. Let's forget about them, though--after all, ALL Americans are fat, lazy, GW-supporting, ignorant, gun-toting, cultureless, drive SUVS, are borderline illiterate, drink Budweiser, are enslaved to corporate dictate, and are prone to blind patriotism, etc... right?
Fuck OFF!

I'm sorry, but I don't see the point of your topic. Everywhere, in any country you can find a few people who's not very friendly for some other nations, cultures and religions, they are for some reason even untolerant and xenophobic towards them. Well, there are some groups of ''black or white'' thinking people who are full of prejudices and see for example, any American as a ''stupid person''. So, I think that you don't have a problem with them, they have a problem with their wrong opinions. But, you can't force anyone to change their mind, especially those kind of people, and especially with this ''We are superior - you are not - you are just jealous'' type of statement. Just don't give a damn about them, there are a lot more cool and open-minded people (probably) in any other nation or country.
I disagree with you that only rich and/or educated people are intelligent. Well, I heard for example, that one member of Mensa was actually a illiterate person unable to read and write! And it's also a big prejudice: succesful people = intelligent people. Intelligence is not characteristic that have a final importance to make a sucess in life. It's just a man's characteristic on logical level.
Second, America is probably a country with biggest economical power on the planet, about a one century. So, that's the reason why America have so much imigrants. Simple, the reason is money, and hope for better financial safety, or success that could not be suceeded in their native countries because of lack of economical support. For example, Nikola Tesla (a scientist who actually invented a today known electricity power system) was a Serbian who was born in Croatia (and yes, Edison was invented a first bulb, but Tesla invented a whole this 3-fase electricity power system what we use today). But he didn't succeed in Yugoslavia then, but he did in America, because in Yugoslavia he didn't have too much economical conviniencies for his scientific work. So, that might be not that Americans are so powerful nation because of ''intelligence'' (don't get me wrong because of - '' please, I don't say that Yankees are unintelligent, you just used the word -intelligence- wrong in the context), it's because of strong economical situation in America. And strong economy of some country is not just a product of ''national intelligence'', it's a result of many factors, especially of natural resources of one country and most important - country's history and political situation.

Huh... too much to write... :erk:

breaklose said:
are you trying to tell us something about mariner?

No just something about all guys.

You are obsessed with size! Cars - big, boobs - big, skirts - mini, computers -either really big (but with lights, an aquarium, a windfan,...) or really small, ...

But now I'm generalizing it. Right?
;)

breezah-ori.jpg

breaklose said:
we should try and invade them with alwin and the likes. what would they think of his jokes :erk:
great idea Mehdi - I already posted the link there, so let's see what happens :tickled:

Steven said:
... how, then, are they the wealthiest and most powerful people on the face of the earth?
Provide me with a valid answer to this question--not simply some snide remark. Let's examine things on a smaller level, for a moment: take, for example, your local community. Is it the unintelligent who are successful- the doctors, lawyers, politicians and executives, and so on? No, certainly not-- the unintelligent are the dole-twats, the dregs, the fast-food employees, the day laborers, etc. Individuals don't happen upon success and prosperity, do they? Neither do nations. If that truly were the case, Botswana and Guatemala might be the wealthiest and most powerful nations, and not the likes of America, Germany, or the UK.

If Americans really are so profoundly unintelligent, let's do without the technological advances they have brought us. No machine or appliance that uses electricity would be allowed--an American, it was, who first harnessed electricity for technical application. Enjoy your firelight. This would also rule out the internet you're utilizing at this very moment--also the product of 'unintelligent' American minds. The next time you book a flight--oh, you're way ahead of me! Since the plane is the construct of an unintelligent American mind, and since you've nothing to do with anything American, I'd like you to row to your next travel destination.
Further, all American products to be found in your household must be discarded; own any cds by American bands? Snap them in half. As nothing good has come out of the U.S., though, you don't listen to any American bands to begin with.

If America really is as dismal a place as you say, please explain to me why millions upon millions have emigrated to that country, while virtually no Americans have left for other countries.

The general perception amongst most Europeans is that Americans are ignorant, cultureless, oblivious to the world around them, and actually unintelligent. Funny, then, that said perception is itself built on stereotypes, generalizations, ignorance, and laziness! "You mean life in American doesn't really approximate an episode of the Jerry Springer show?" "You're American and you don't own a gun?" "I think European CNN news coverage does provide a realistic, non-biased view of life in America."---
actual, seriously-rendered quotes, sadly, from the mouths of 'enlightened, sophisticated' Europeans...
It is the inherent desire to dislike Americans, rather than a fair and balanced appraisal of these people--taking into account their flaws AND their merits (but we musn't admit to the latter's existence, hmm?)-- that is ultimately responsible.

There are, you see, a great many Americans who are, in fact, educated, cultured, and well versed in (and more importantly, interested in) the world beyond U.S. borders. Let's forget about them, though--after all, ALL Americans are fat, lazy, GW-supporting, ignorant, gun-toting, cultureless, drive SUVS, are borderline illiterate, drink Budweiser, are enslaved to corporate dictate, and are prone to blind patriotism, etc... right?
Fuck OFF!

Great thread bro!! I appreciate your time and effort. Your like me...a true hero..

But alot of Europeans are too caught up in politically correct points of view...i.e. liberalism, and america-bashing...

You laid out a supremely great argument and I'm really glad to read it. And I loved the comparison to Guatemala and Botswana...!! If we are as stupid as they say we are...then where does that leave the turd worlders?

And to the norwegian guy who said we put on a clownish face to the world...look who's talking...nice avatar pic!!

Okay, so that WAS an ad-hominem attack, I apologize, but I couldn't resist.:)

no hard feelings.

Everybody resents "the guy on top"...it's always been that way..that's really all this is about and all it ever was about. We have what they want plain and simply....

I realize that may sound conceited, but that is definately not my aim...It's just the damn truth. I don't feel better than you or fuckin anybody...I'm just the same as any other human being on this planet...but I get resented just for being "the guy on top", ie an american.

I agree wholeheartedly with what Steven has laid out here for you all...Thank GOD for intelligent minded people like him!!