If Americans are as stupid as you say...

This is the fact, and I can say this because I am American: Americans should be more cultured than they already are. Period. Of course, not all Americans are like this, but the majority of Americans don't travel to other countries very much, not nearly as much as the Europeans. However, there is a reason for this.

America is the third largest country on earth, size wise. In the time it takes me to travel from Italy to Spain by car, it would barely get me across Texas and New Mexico. Americans don't travel as much because it's very expensive and we are half a world apart. Europeans are afforded the opportunity to see new cultures in the span of a single day. It would take us an entire week to visit a new culture from America. I enjoy Europe much more than America, mainly because I have a European mindset...I don't care about Wal-Mart, fast food, or 24 hour convenience stores. I don't mind that gasoline is outrageous here in Italy; I'll ride the train.

However, European countries aren't so different from America. Italy, for example, is just as arrogant, stubborn, and conceited as we are. Not everyone, but a good lot of them are. The only difference between the two is that we are much, much bigger as Americans. Racism runs rampant in Italy...even more so than in America. Crime is up. Berlusconi is a moron, as is Bush. If you travel abroad, you'll know if you're in the presence of Italians, just as you would with Americans. They are just as loud and rude as we are. Not all of them of course, but a lot of them. Instead of looking for hamburgers to eat in a different country, they ask for pasta. The biggest difference, however, is that Americans get out on their own a LOT sooner than Italians. It is not uncommon to see a 30 year old Italian still living with his mother...and the Italian women hate it. They get out on their own more than the men, and they view Italian guys usually as being glued to their parents. They wish for his mother to pop her tit out of his mouth and make him do something on his own without holding his hand. Not all of them, again, but a good lot of them. We as Americans are no better or worse than Europeans, and the same can be said about Europeans. But, as I said, Europeans tend to be a bit more cultured and worldly, but that's not due to some monumental feat achieved by them, they just happened to be born in a part of the world with those opportunities, just as we Americans were born in a part of the world of an economic, social, and military superpower and have these privileges afforded to us.

You people, Euro and American alike, who claim to be so above everyone else simply because your parents birthed you where you happen to live are FUCKING MORONS. That's like winning the lottery or having some rich uncle die and leave his fortune to you. You have this pride that YOU YOURSELF did so much in your life to be the kind of nationality you are, when all that happened was your parents had sex and had you. We Americans tend to say "we" a lot. Such as, "We saved your ass in WW2." Did YOU save their ass in WW2, or did your fucking grandfather? Last time I checked, you were smoking pot in high school and trying to get laid all your life. Didn't sacrifice too much for the greater good, did you?

And you, Euros, your arrogance astounds me, even surpassing Americans. I'm not generalizing, just as I'm not generalizing us as Americans. But you Euros really, REALLY need to get off your high horse and get off the bandwagon of Ameri-bashing. We know you don't support the war and hate Bush. We feel exactly the same. Let it go, already. Also, Americans need to stop taking credit for things that you didn't do, but someone generations before you did. I don't see Italians going to other countries saying, "We conquered you centuries ago, so bow down before us now!" Euros, don't belittle Americans for coming across as brash and arrogant when your own arrogance is crippling.

I like living in Europe, and I want to stay here. I don't look down on someone for wanting to go to America, maybe they have different goals and ideals than I do. I was born and raised in America, and I've found a place I like better, that's all. But both Europe and America are equally fucked up in both the same and in different ways.

"Venus Illegitima", hihi, Dead Winter seems to have learned something from the inamorato issue :D

I agree with you completely. Fortunately, I'm a happy second world citizen, neither here nor there. As for Italians, yeah, when I went to Greece, the only person who started to stalk me on the beach was a wee Italian guy, insisting he spoke English :lol:

And to the norwegian guy who said we put on a clownish face to the world...look who's talking...nice avatar pic!!

"I know what you are, but what am I?" :cry:

stop being such a snot and come up with a deacent arguement why you are not the clowns I describe.

Maqus said:
"Venus Illegitima", hihi, Dead Winter seems to have learned something from the inamorato issue :D

I agree with you completely. Fortunately, I'm a happy second world citizen, neither here nor there. As for Italians, yeah, when I went to Greece, the only person who started to stalk me on the beach was a wee Italian guy, insisting he spoke English :lol:
Hehehe, I love Therion. However, my fiancee's (can't find the accent mark on this keyboard :D ) name on Ultimate Metal is Venus Illegitima...if you look on her's, it will say "thrashmetal78's property", which is my old name on here. I just changed it to Dead Winter...but in any case...

THERION PWNS!!!!! :headbang:

Dead Winter said:
my fiancee's (can't find the accent mark on this keyboard :D ) name on Ultimate Metal is Venus Illegitima...if you look on her's, it will say "thrashmetal78's property", which is my old name on here. I just changed it to Dead Winter...but in any case...

It's good to set the terms of ownership of horses, cattle and women in any case :kickass: :D

Allan said:
You know, it might be exactly that attitude that does it, Antferrara.

Or maybe the fact that a number of American are filled with unreal amounts of patriotism, self-celebration that has not been found in Europe since it led to WW2, it's scary. Combine this with facts like the average American has donated less than a dollar to the tsunami relief effort, while in most wealthy European countries the average citizen has donated 15-20 dollars, and you've got a good basis for anti-Americanism. Of course there are loads of sound Americans aware of these dangerous trends, but whenever there's an argument, good old George Bush can just fal back onn argments like: " so, some or many people around the world hate us......should we cry, conform, or maybe beg Paris for permission for everything we do?
who cares? let them hate us, and let them go elsewhere with their hands out when they need our help".

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! now allan hates us too. how can we go on? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Allan, nowhere in my statement did I express any patriotism. I merely expressed that the US, like all nations and individuals do not need to exist, act and comform based on the opinions of others. that includes you and I.
If you want to compare monetary aid from nations to the rest of the world, and you think that the US has not been generous enough throughout history, you are entitled to your opinion. we are entitled to carry on our affairs despite your opinion

Maqus said:
It's good to set the terms of ownership of horses, cattle and women in any case :kickass: :D
Funny story:

We're in Salzburg, Austria at the Leaves' Eyes/Atrocity concert, and Liv Christine is very siren-like in her shows; what I mean is that she's very INTO the crowd and almost flirtatious at times. We were in the first row, and Liv began reaching out for me, singing one of her many romantic-tinged songs, looking directly at me. That's how she gets all the male fans...by teasing. I started giggling and laughing about it, and so did my gf, and then she says, "She's fucking dead after the show...I'm going to kick her ass. Bitch. NO ONE hits on MY man!!!!" Of course she was joking and we still joke about it. Just say "Liv Christine", and she'll say, "bitch.". It's fun to be loved. She's very laid back, though, and not the jealous type or anything, although we joke about it. She's metal, so of course she's cool, :D . She's got a thing for Vinnie, too. Every time we see them, I have to unglue her from him. :D Just ask Vinnie and Danny about Chris and Annalisa from the show in Nova Gorica...if they can remember. We were all pretty trashed after the show partying with them.

What's cooler than getting a 7 string guitar for Christmas by your girlfriend? Getting a 7 string guitar from your girlfriend and then her buying lingerie as a present for both of you...

:worship: :worship: :worship: --> Venus Illegitima

breaklose said:
how can a winter be dead??
I dunno...we have a saying in english that the middle of winter is called "the dead of winter". I just thought "dead winter" was cool. It's a season of death. The trees die, the grass dies, animals and insects die, etc.

Dead Winter said:
"She's fucking dead after the show...I'm going to kick her ass. Bitch. NO ONE hits on MY man!!!!"

This behaviour is completely atrocious and cannot be accounted for by any means :eek:

:lol:

Now you got yourself hated by all the people here, haha.

Oh, if you don't mind, a piece of good advice: don't ever post the pic of your woman here on this board, it might take up some unexpected forms. :D

antferrara said:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! now allan hates us too. how can we go on? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Allan, nowhere in my statement did I express any patriotism.

Notice the "or" at the beginning of that second rant. Anyways, the view that America should not be influenced by world opinion is closely related.

And I don't hate America (hence the "I know wise and nice Americans mentioning" or however I put it).

I was tricked into donating money today.

Apparently, a new way of curing AIDS has been developed in America. The leading scientist is a Hungarian woman, Julianna Lisziewicz, I saw her talking about it on tv.