I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty said:
At what stage do I pass from merely liking them to being a fan?? I mean, I have a shirt and everything.
great question! i've often wondered the same thing myself. what constitutes fan or poseur status? i mean, i've known about some bands for a long time and i know their music well. it's embedded in my brain for all time, but there are times when i may not be able to recall a band member name or some other band trivia thing. does that mean i'm a poseur or somehow unworthy?

welcomes to all the new people! :wave:

wildfyr said:
great question! i've often wondered the same thing myself. what constitutes fan or poseur status? i mean, i've known about some bands for a long time and i know their music well. it's embedded in my brain for all time, but there are times when i may not be able to recall a band member name or some other band trivia thing. does that mean i'm a poseur or somehow unworthy?
*takes wildfyr to the gallows*

Well, I'm not new but I haven't been here for quite some while. I doubt anyone can actually remember me. ;) I used to be on the very old DT forum and then also posted on UM for some time (here and in the Borknagar & Vintersorg forums). I felt a bit nostalgic and bored (I'm at work and there are periods when I have to kill time). Anyway, a big "hi" to everyone, new and old. :)

Hi Onyx, hi Rahvin!

Now, that was a quick reply. Thanks for remembering the old folk. :D I've been reading the forums from time to time but I'm not really up-to-date anymore. I think I want to get more involved again.

Onyx, what kind of reputation did you give me? :confused:

Somber Soul said:
Onyx, what kind of reputation did you give me? :confused:
i suppose she meant good rep. or maybe you were not very active when the whole reputation system was working and you haven't noticed the green dots under your avvy, and the option for giving "reputation points" (good or bad) to users?
anyway, it's been disabled now.

R.I.P. rep :cry:

Somber Soul, you're still a n00b compared to old heads such as me. *elitist* Yes, that month makes all the difference. Welcome back. ;)

Ah, I wasn't aware of the reputation system. Yes, I seem to recall green dots under the avatars. Thanks for the explanation. And thanks, Onyx, for rating me. ;)

Hi Rusty, you show-off! *hehe* Were you also on the old board? I came to that in 2000, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.