I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umeå,Luleå,Piteå etc (that ends with å :p ) are out of the question..i love snow and stuff,but i don't want to freeze to death :D
I would love to live in Göteborg...it will be a good start :)
but if eventually get to live there for many many years i will surely consider living to a smaller town....
Apart from where i will live,i want to travel everywhere,the whole country up and down,east and west...up,even the -å towns :p

Hmm, uh, im new, I like DT, and I like cards......lots of cards :D

@the 32 thousand new people that joined since i was last here WELCOME! ;)

Originally posted by Melancholia
Umeå,Luleå,Piteå etc (that ends with å :p ) are out of the question..i love snow and stuff,but i don't want to freeze to death :D

But the northern parts of Sweden are astounding, I asure you! :D I've been to Kiruna once, and I had a hard time to breathe just as I got off the plane. But anyway, once you get used to that the whole place looks terrific! It's beautyful! Anyway, I plan to move to Gothenburg myself (or perhaps Lund (a smaller town just outside Malmö)) when I am to start studying, but before that I'll have to spend ten months in the north during my military service :bah:

F_V, me thinks you are about to lose your job.... :bah:
Or at least i'll cut down your cookies.... :err:
Plus you forgot the "I'm back from a long absence" thread (even though yours was small... or is it cause you feel new? anyway...)
Plus you are delaying my tabs (oh sorry this is from another thread :D )

What i mean, in a nutshell, is WELCOME! :headbang:

:p

Originally posted by Dargor

But the northern parts of Sweden are astounding, I asure you! :D I've been to Kiruna once, and I had a hard time to breathe just as I got off the plane. But anyway, once you get used to that the whole place looks terrific! It's beautyful! Anyway, I plan to move to Gothenburg myself (or perhaps Lund (a smaller town just outside Malmö)) when I am to start studying, but before that I'll have to spend ten months in the north during my military service :bah:

I'd love to visit Kiruna some day...i've heard that it is the largest city of the world..I mean..hmm in size not in population...the houses must be quite apart from each other....sounds intriguing,i'd love to see what it is like..and i had also seen a bewitching nighttime pic from there a couple of years ago....
well..where i'll get to study will play a role in where i'll reside in my case,too...
oooooh the military sucks big time :mad: Good luck with it!

~Mel~(glad she doesn't have to do military service :D )

Originally posted by Melancholia
I would love to live in Göteborg...it will be a good start :)
but if eventually get to live there for many many years i will surely consider living to a smaller town....
Apart from where i will live,i want to travel everywhere,the whole country up and down,east and west...up,even the -å towns :p

Actually, it's probably warmer than you think here... Winter's long, but we've got a warm summer just like everyone else, and it's not like it's 30 degrees below zero in winter either.

And I belive Kiruna IS the world's largest city, area-wise... It's not like all of it is covered with houses though. It's pretty much... I don't really know how to explain it in English, but the city limits are quite extensive, but it's mostly forest except in the middle.. Bleh.

Welcome back to Final_Vision. I missed him, too.

Originally posted by phyre

Actually, it's probably warmer than you think here... Winter's long, but we've got a warm summer just like everyone else, and it's not like it's 30 degrees below zero in winter either.

Haha... Edmonton occasionally has 30 degree weather in the winter. The winter winds, along with the cold, usually make the temperature below 30 overall anyways. Cars don't start unless they are plugged in. It is just that in Sweden (and other Northern cities) they have an ocean to keep the temperature mild; we don't. :)

Kind of makes me wonder why anyone chose to build a major city here. Now no one will want to visit my city. Although we do have the world's largest mall, too. :)

Final_Vision@ supercool to see u back :)

Phyre@ Yeah,this is exactly what i have heard about Kiruna.. must be super cool...
"but we've got a warm summer just like everyone else, and it's not like it's 30 degrees below zero in winter either. "
you're talking with a greek lady,so we can't have the same definition of what's warm :p ok,seriously..i can go outside walking as if nothing is happening until -5C.....below that i start to freeze haha....Ok...i think i can take until -15 or sth....but -20,-30 or sth...no waaaaaaaaaaaay.....
oh well hopefully people adjust to the climate... :)

It's often no more than 5 degrees difference between northern Sweden (not the VERY northest (that's not a word, is it), but Umeå) and the southern part. So if it's -20 degrees up here you'd probably still have to suffer 15 or 12 degrees in Gothenburg. He he.

EDIT: And when it's warm it's normally like +20 degrees or slightly more at the most. So the temperature around here pretty much varies between -20 to +20, but of course there are extremes...

Originally posted by mousewings
Kind of makes me wonder why anyone chose to build a major city here. Now no one will want to visit my city. Although we do have the world's largest mall, too. :)

i would like to visit. there's nothing like very cold climates, for a change, and living in italy i never experienced such extreme weather conditions.

rahvin.

Originally posted by Hearse

That sucks...
I have suffered my 9 months of mental ass fucking in the f...ing army. And that sucks, luckily its over :D

uuh... here i had the choice to either join the army for ten months or to do some kind of social service for 13 months, which i did in the end. i drove old and handicapped people to their doctors/relatives/hospitals/deaths and brought them their lunch at noon. but this was no easy job at all, as one might think, but i'm glad i did it... at least this, compared to army service, has some kind of sense

Status
Not open for further replies.