I'm New -------- If this is you, post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The brazilian one: There's a clear reason why all us use to post entire messages about our lifes, problems, or interests: this is NOT a completely Dark Tranquillity board. It' kinda mixture between the interests of some habitual posters and the common interest to the band. And friends will be friends!!!

@Witch: Ok, you can help our chef Rei Toei in the kitchen, if you wish. This is a democracy!!!

@Mel: Yeah, we already know your absences are NOT to study. Do you know any student who use to study? Otherwise, what about the techniques to copy in the exams? The knowledge of millions of students could be lost!

|ngenius (who use to park his car in strategic places)

@witch: but please. "cups queen"? i see where this comes from: in an italian (neapolitan, to be precise) card deck "hearts" are replaced by "cups" (as in drinking cups). but this does not imply that you can write "cups queen" and get away with it: you just look like someone who had too much to drink, but if you want to give this impression just try to sign your posts with "hyena" or "rahvin".

and about this, i am terribly sad: this morning at 4-ish i wrote a very touching message about how rahvin is uniquely cool and how much i wish him well in life... and it got lost in the 10-min board maintenance. i'll never be able to write something so inspired again. shucks. :(

hyena (too much attention unavoidably destroyed us)

@hyena: but why in the world would you do such a thing? i mean, ok, we were rather drunk last night but that doesn't mean i've become cool all of a sudden. ;)
thanks for thinking of me, anyway. it's always better to turn to a friend when you get mellow: either they forget everything in the morning or they can always conjure some precious board-maintenance minutes. :p

@witch: in fact 'queen of hearts' is right about the only translation allowed, sorry. :cry:
however, you might want to try 'caps queen': it sounds fun. :)

rahvin.

@hyena: Have you ever seen some tarot decks? :Smug:
Cups Queen: Beautiful, fair, dreamy--as one who sees visions in a cup. This is, however, only one of her aspects; she sees, but she also acts, and her activity feeds her dream. Divinatory Meanings: Good, fair woman; honest, devoted woman, who will do service to the Querent; loving intelligence, and hence the gift of vision; success, happiness, pleasure; also wisdom, virtue; a perfect spouse and a good mother.

Maybe you have to study a lot before talk to me about something u dont know.... isn't it? :devil:

whatever: my avatar is a water fairie, thanks to all who write me that is nice :dopey:

@witch: me? study a lot? _more_? oh holy shit. i was only pointing out that the TRANSLATION was uncorrect, not the concept.

hyena (fighting for metal that is true)

@hyena: i thought so myself, but in fact it's not. the "queen of cups" or "cups queen" is a card in a tarot deck. "cups queen" is a correct english name for such a card, albeit a slightly less common one than "queen of cups". hearts have next to nothing to do with it. :)

oh, well, we live and learn. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
@hyena: but why in the world would you do such a thing? i mean, ok, we were rather drunk last night but that doesn't mean i've become cool all of a sudden. ;)

oh well... as you somehow point out, whatever i wrote about you was still better than sending out a sms at 4am asking _someone else_ about a certain Dylan gig. as for the rest, honest: I wasn't drunk at all, I only had had three beers in 6 hours - you were drunk :)

the point was that for some reason yesterday i had the impression that you are a deserving (little) human being... so I was wishing you well in the following respects:

(a) meeting someone you like and who, for a change, understands your (net) worth
(b) getting a publishing deal
(c) having friends who don't embarass you publicly :rolleyes:

but this wording cannot be compared with the far more inspired one i conjured up yesterday.

hyena (blood is upon my steel)

Originally posted by phyre
Did you guys notice that the avatar size limit has been reduced to 60x60 pixels?

I've noticed that. I wanted to change my avatar to an owl and later a larger picture of Scrat, but it doesn't work. Oh well, it saves the server money, so it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.