Immigration?

SoundMaster said:
I'm sure that only ONE ethnic group - right now - wants things as they are.
But there's no real "choice" in the matter, anyway.
Actually, all ethnic groups just want to be the best. I know this for a fact, and I actually have proven it with a full study. I have the results buried somewhere on my desktop which I'm never on anymore.

infoterror said:
Because to give up their language, and culture, is to become cultureless non-people and they rightly resist it.

If my heritage were Hispanic, no fucking way would I make my primary language English.

You've got to understand that every group wants pride, and only sick people want to be what they're not -- even if that is a wealthy, slender, blue-eyed-blonde white person.
I'm Hispanic!
I'm blue eyed & white, not all Hispanics are brown Indians, not that there's anything bad about that in my opinion!
My first true love was an Aztec, to this day I still love her!
:Smokin:​

Justin S. said:
^why are you copying me? Whats come over you, i thought we were getting along sorta until now?
I actually didn't realize I was copying you. I just kinda said the first thing that came to my mind. But it is true though.

War_Blade said:
pride is for fools. It is an illusion that will drive one to their grave. Very stupid.

They're going to their graves anyway. Pride means you care more about getting something right than being popular.

Truth is never popular, is it, O Crowdist?

democracy_now_small.jpg

a suppose and early grave would be better wording.

People let there ego and pride get in the way of the best choices. Thus allowing it to cloud their judgement.

Ptah Khnemu said:
Actually, all ethnic groups just want to be the best. I know this for a fact, and I actually have proven it with a full study. I have the results buried somewhere on my desktop which I'm never on anymore.

If Justin S ever said anything like this, as he claims, it shows that he is capable of thinking outside of state propaganda - if only on the subject of race.

I'd be interested in the details of that study Ptah.

Norsemaiden said:
If Justin S ever said anything like this, as he claims, it shows that he is capable of thinking outside of state propaganda - if only on the subject of race.

I'd be interested in the details of that study Ptah.

It was actually more of a local thing, but it was really very simple, but it still gave me a good idea of what it would be like elsewhere.. Unfortunately, it takes alot of words to explain. I'll PM you about it. ;)

Tongue_Ring said:
i can understand the freakishly huge Mexico flag in the front yard, and Hispanics driving cars that blue-eyed-blonds wouldn't get caught dead in, and i wouldn't tell anybody to be completely fluent in a 2nd language, all i'm asking is the working hispanics to learn english good enough to interact with the coustomers that can't speak a word of spanish, and people who come to america from places where their native tongue is Sweedish/German/Swahili all learn english good enough to talk to people born in america, why can't Mexicans do the same?
this is a serious question here...

Tongue_Ring said:
i can understand the freakishly huge Mexico flag in the front yard, and Hispanics driving cars that blue-eyed-blonds wouldn't get caught dead in, and i wouldn't tell anybody to be completely fluent in a 2nd language, all i'm asking is the working hispanics to learn english good enough to interact with the coustomers that can't speak a word of spanish, and people who come to america from places where their native tongue is Sweedish/German/Swahili all learn english good enough to talk to people born in america, why can't Mexicans do the same?

Mexicans presumably don't like to feel they are leaving their country behind. Rather that they are making parts of the US their own country.

The sad part is that that statement is very true. It might not be politically true, but socially, that statement has enough truthiness to feed a small country.

Am I the first person to seriously use Truthiness in this sub-forum? Because truthiness, I believe, is actually in the latest edition of Webster's Dictionaries.

Tongue_Ring said:
i think i understand, but it still sounds stupid because everyone else is willing to be bi-lingual, so why not Mexicans?

Because it is giving up some measure of their identity. Ebonics, speaking only Spanish, and the "countrified" language of some white Americans are all assertions of identity, as much as the mincing dialect of East Coast citays.

But it takes so much out of the country. It slows down the economy so much. If the immigrants learned at least a little english prior to coming to America, then maybe it wouldn't be so hard, but they don't, so it's really hard for non Spanish-speaking citizens to communicate.

Ptah Khnemu said:
But it takes so much out of the country. It slows down the economy so much. If the immigrants learned at least a little english prior to coming to America, then maybe it wouldn't be so hard, but they don't, so it's really hard for non Spanish-speaking citizens to communicate.
+1
i'm not asking anyone to be completely fluent, i'm just asking the hispanic workers to learn english enough that i don't have to learn spanish when i go up to the counter at a mcdonalds

Tongue_Ring said:
yes
i think i understand, but it still sounds stupid because everyone else is willing to be bi-lingual, so why not Mexicans?
I'm Mexican, & bi-lingual!