In Defense Of Killswitch...

ANYONE WHO DOESNT LIKE THEM I WAS SIMPLY STATING. OH YEAH FIGHT CLUB ROCKS ASS. I cant get into the death scene I guess. Well like the true death scene. I hate those am I farting or puking vocals. I think most of that BRUTAL shit is kinda a joke. BUt if thats not what your talking about then nevermind. I was simply stating that I didnt think they were trendy and why HE thought that. That was all. I cant even ask a fucking question without someone trying to throw shit in my face.

The new wave of Generic American Metal is annoying. I can't stand it, I can't stand the bands that look act play sound dress and talk the same either.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
[THE AMERICAN METAL SCENE IS A TREND. I mean i dont hear Killswitch and shadows fall and lamb of god being played on the radio. They are doing the same festivals as Inflames, opeth, dark tranquility ect... I would really like to have you explain how its trendy. I think most the kids now days are just so fed up witht he current rock and so called metal scene that they are clinging to the metal core stuff. Cause really none of the above three I mentioned are playing songs about killing your parents or overthrow the government well maybe lamb of god a little but they are a pretty tight band. I dont think its the bands fault if the hardcore kids like them. They dont really sound to me like hardcore or emo type bands which seem to be a lot of their fan base. It seemes to me the kids are starting to get smarter to metal and that the DIE HARD METAL guys are being more close minded.
I do. I hear Shadows Fall on the radio almost daily. 94.7 The Zone in Chicago. I've heard LoG a few times as well. I've even heard In Flames quite a bit since they played here. They always play Quiet Place.

I Live In The Southern Middle Part Of The United States. Ive Lived In Oklahoma And New Mexico And Ive Never Heard Any Shadows Fall, Kse, Lamb Of God, Or Inflames. Actually I Would Love To Have A Radio Station That Did Play Them Because I Have To Drive To School Alot.

I fail to see what's so wrong with KSE. I'm not big on metalcore {Personally, I much prefer melodic death like Children of Bodom, Soilwork, and IF; Goth Rock like My Dying Bride, Type O Negative, and Moonspell, or thrash like Kreator and older Megadeth}, but KSE are one of my favorite bands. The lyrics aren't the same old boring "Blah, slice your throat and suck out your guts" shit that drove me away from a lot of death metal. The music is good, the lyrics are original, so I'm there. don't get me wrong; I still jam to Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, Morbid Angel, and Mortician, as well as a few other bands; but a lot of the death and, to a lesser extent, black metal scenes are jam packed with uncreative, uninspired twits {read: Cannibal Corpse and Cradle of Filth, respectively}.

I really don't care for a lot of metalcore/emo shit; but KSE stands out to me as a really good band that puts quite a few of the more "uninspired" acts out there today to shame.

So, if I'm in the right mood, I'll pop in Alive or Just Breathing; and sit back and listen to the goodness.

yeah i agree with infernalsavant, you know metal is a great form of music, yet there is only a few out there that actually involve some lyrics other than "i'm gonna fuckin kill you," i mean killswitch has lyrics that have meaning, and you're right, i hate emo bands EMO FUCKIN SUX, but killswitch is fuckin awesome, i really don't think that they are that much of emo, but yeha i mean i like bands such as Morbid Angel and Cryptopsy and a huge list of other black and death metal bands, but killswitch is prestty fuckin good with their melody and harmonic riffs, that's what really attracts me to them

anonymousnick2001 said:
EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having attempted to read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison quotes are no longer funny. Nice try though.

Thanks Cob. ANyway yeah I love alot of the swedish and black metal but because of their lyrics ,Killswitch stands above most of the American bands.

My ex fiance put on the first Killswich engage album the first time we had sex. Now I know why we're not engaged anymore. um.. pun intended possibly.

egonomic666 said:
cradle of filth is neither black nor death metal , they fucking suck and are posers of the scene that bands like birzum and immortal started but i dont even like black metal so why am i posting this ?lol
Agreed, Cradle blow monkey testicles. I happen to like black metal and Cradle are posers off great bands like Emperor, Burzum, Mayhem, Satyricon, Bathory, Darkthrone & Dark Funeral

I don't think Killswitch are anything special and for the most part, I despise Metalcore. I do like Unearth for some reason though. Haven't picked up The Oncoming Storm yet but I believe The Stings of Conscience is a pretty killer album.

Wow The Oncoming Storm rules. Zombie Autopilot!!!! Crushing. I'm confused as to why you don't like Barlow though. I always though he was amazing. He can go so high and also have that deep voice. Like Hetfield on Justice meets Dickinson.