Is Krank still in business?

I'm still so bummed , I was considering getting a new Krank Revolution 1+ head and cab or seeing if I can get a Rev 1+ installed in my Rev 1 combo , that would be bad ass.

You know Krank Revolution 1 amps had some of the very best cleans in any high gain amp I've played. very Fender like. Not many at all can claim that kind of clarity.

I can't believe they've gone, they used to be absolutely plastered over UK magazines a few years back, before the modelling wave they were all over youtube along with the 6505 at the time I remember.

Shame they have to go down and a company like Marshall is still going, what have they honestly put out that's even worth its weight in feces since the 80's, Mode Four? Maybe, the odd TSL for rock? But there's so much crap, they just don't care at all and are such a classic cash cow company now since their little MG series and overpriced signature poop piles like the Kerry King and Zakk Wylde stuff.

They are a company that just needs to go, they remind me of Kodak, pioneer the market and then get lazy. They don't care about advancing amplification forward by competing. Shady business practices these days too, dodgy manufacturing, child labour in india, they are so behind the times. They should realize that the 70's, 80's, Marshall meant metal. I suppose they are the equivelant of the the 80's hair bands that died out with them, a bloated ex coke head who has has his stomach stapled whilst vomiting out some riff that goes A G D for a new release rock dads can open their crusty ear holes at whilst taking their kids to school.

Marshall are now crusty holes.

I can't believe they've gone, they used to be absolutely plastered over UK magazines a few years back, before the modelling wave they were all over youtube along with the 6505 at the time I remember.

Shame they have to go down and a company like Marshall is still going, what have they honestly put out that's even worth its weight in feces since the 80's, Mode Four? Maybe, the odd TSL for rock? But there's so much crap, they just don't care at all and are such a classic cash cow company now since their little MG series and overpriced signature poop piles like the Kerry King and Zakk Wylde stuff.

They are a company that just needs to go, they remind me of Kodak, pioneer the market and then get lazy. They don't care about advancing amplification forward by competing. Shady business practices these days too, dodgy manufacturing, child labour in india, they are so behind the times. They should realize that the 70's, 80's, Marshall meant metal. I suppose they are the equivelant of the the 80's hair bands that died out with them, a bloated ex coke head who has has his stomach stapled whilst vomiting out some riff that goes A G D for a new release rock dads can open their crusty ear holes at whilst taking their kids to school.

Really? I guess you dont know the actual story of Krank then....

Tony Krank is still making amps, the new stuff is MUCH more reliable and better then the stuff from the past. His new company STIFF amps is even accepting Kranks on warranty repairs. You call that bad business practice?

Tony was not the issue, the AR Rep they hired was. Handing out nearly 2.5 million in free gear.

Read up here. Tony posted this on his NEW site for his new amps:

http://orbitelectronix.com/krank.html

Really? I guess you dont know the actual story of Krank then....

Tony Krank is still making amps, the new stuff is MUCH more reliable and better then the stuff from the past. His new company STIFF amps is even accepting Kranks on warranty repairs. You call that bad business practice?

Tony was not the issue, the AR Rep they hired was. Handing out nearly 2.5 million in free gear.

Read up here. Tony posted this on his NEW site for his new amps:

http://orbitelectronix.com/krank.html

Dude! I was saying how much of a shame it was Krank has gone this way when they were one of the few companies that help(ed) push sound forward and make great products and compete like a true business, and that its Marshall and their bad business is still going strong!

DSL, JVM, Vintage Modern, 2203KK, all very good amps. At one point the 2203KK was only £700 new, hardly overpriced for the standard of amp you're getting. I've heard good things about the JMD too.

DSL, JVM, Vintage Modern, 2203KK, all very good amps. At one point the 2203KK was only £700 new, hardly overpriced for the standard of amp you're getting. I've heard good things about the JMD too.

One of the DSL combos I tried was OK actually, but again, good for rock, maybe hard rock.

JVM is vastly overpriced for old technology.

I was basically trying to say that Marshall are so irrelevant to what metal tone has been since the 80's and the phases gone through, they don't really try and compete or offer something for the market, they never tried competing with the 5150 and Mesa's of the 90's, the 6505, ENGL stuff, Krank for the 00's, I remember a guitar show in Birmingham I went to and was at the marshall booth and they just kept going on about that "classic Marshall roar", how they "defined an industry", and all this, then when it comes to keeping up with whats' happening, and making something new for the metal crowd, that made their money, they just don't care, or don't even know. Its much easier for them to make some stupid combo with built in effects, the same overdrive as always and call it a day.

Really sucks to hear. I still love my Rev1, never had any problems with it on the road or in the studio fwiw. Was fucking around with it today actually after putting in JJs. Best of luck to Tony's new company.

I still have mine. :headbang:

Rev%20Hack%20Midfocus1.jpg

I feel like it would be a smart move by that Tony guy to purchase the krank brand and go back into business under that name. Even if his newer amps are awesome and his new company is taking off, he'll sell 10x more of them just by having the krank name on them. Not sure how much it would cost to regain control of the trademark, but it seems like the current owners have literally nothing to lose in selling the name this point.

One of the DSL combos I tried was OK actually, but again, good for rock, maybe hard rock.

JVM is vastly overpriced for old technology.

I was basically trying to say that Marshall are so irrelevant to what metal tone has been since the 80's and the phases gone through, they don't really try and compete or offer something for the market, they never tried competing with the 5150 and Mesa's of the 90's, the 6505, ENGL stuff, Krank for the 00's, I remember a guitar show in Birmingham I went to and was at the marshall booth and they just kept going on about that "classic Marshall roar", how they "defined an industry", and all this, then when it comes to keeping up with whats' happening, and making something new for the metal crowd, that made their money, they just don't care, or don't even know. Its much easier for them to make some stupid combo with built in effects, the same overdrive as always and call it a day.

The JVM 410 is a very versatile, reasonably priced, modern tube amplifier. Digital reverb, microcontroller powered switching, three modes per channel, four channels covering all the classic tones you may want out of a tube amp, Marshall or otherwise. All tube signal path, series AND parallel effects loops, dual master volumes.

How much does Mesa want for a Road King?

What are the differences in preamp sections of all the various Engls?

As far as shoddy, dubious business practices go, one only needs to look at the list of patents in a Mesa Boogie brochure.

I feel like it would be a smart move by that Tony guy to purchase the krank brand and go back into business under that name. Even if his newer amps are awesome and his new company is taking off, he'll sell 10x more of them just by having the krank name on them. Not sure how much it would cost to regain control of the trademark, but it seems like the current owners have literally nothing to lose in selling the name this point.

This is a very good idea.

This is a very good idea.

I think so too!

Someone should forward the idea to the guy, even if it's an expense at first, I think lots of potential Krank costumers would be put off by the name change alone (the looks on Krank amps were always quite nice, too).

The Krank website where there was a playlist (as an intro, or in the main page, I don't remember) with bands using Krank on studio was absolute tits :headbang: a real attention grabber.

To be honest I'm not digging the new name at all. Sexual slang on an amp -> fail (imo, of course).

That and the 'Felix The Cat' faceplate.. meh

*not trying to be a dick to anyone, just my honest opinion haha ;)

He already took control of the krank amps domain again, maybe something like that will happen soon.

www.krankamps.com

It's such a shame the Rev doesn't have a bypass-able pre(?). I would really like to test those power tubes with different pres..

So true.
I got mine about two years ago, amongst other things because of Ola's 'raw test' vid.. not a mix, but the sound is just brutal, imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af8qHOCupo
It's a very unique sound. Years ago some Krank employees posted on a forum with fake reviews and got caught. This left a bad taste in many peoples mouth and it hurt sales I'm sure.
I knew nothing of any of this until after I decided to buy a Revolution 1 2 x 12 combo. Many people talked so much trash about Krank. Some of them would do shootouts and put Krank amps at the bottom of the list but I feel most of that was due to the decision of the Krank employee's making those fake reviews.

Whats unbelievable to me is that the Revolution 1 amp is incredible. I'm crazy when it comes to tone and this amp got it. Find another high gain amp that has as good or better clean channel? It's very difficult to find one , I know I searched before buying the Krank.
I remember when I first saw it , I thought "wow what a crazy name for an amp". I also chalked it up as some crazy bullshit amp that probably sucks . Then I plugged in and it was history after that.