Is there a band that makes u think you're the only one who really likes it??

I'll second myself by saying K-PIST, and adding Sportlov, Mikael Bitzarakis and Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders (better than Porcupine Tree ffs!)

THE MARS VOLTA (I'm a fanboy)
Seriously, they're so over the top at times, seems like I'm the only one digging it.
The high pitch vocals and effects seem to turn off most people, but it's totally worth checking all of their stuff, except the overlong ambient stuff on Frances the Mute inbetween the songs.

THE MARS VOLTA (I'm a fanboy)
Seriously, they're so over the top at times, seems like I'm the only one digging it.
The high pitch vocals and effects seem to turn off most people, but it's totally worth checking all of their stuff, except the overlong ambient stuff on Frances the Mute inbetween the songs.

I love The Mars Volta too, and you're definitely not the only one who likes them. Check out their fan forum haha!

Deloused is definitely my favorite, followed very closes by Frances, then Bedlam and Amputechture. I thought Octahedron was very average and dragged on a little too much, but it has a few songs I enjoy. Check out their live set from Bonnaroo if you haven't already, Cotopaxi was so tight live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqRc6J9S30#t=1m30s

I've listened to some Mars Volta and its nice and all but seems like one of those "progressive for the sake of being progressive" bands....cool parts but not all that interesting on the whole.

I've listened to some Mars Volta and its nice and all but seems like one of those "progressive for the sake of being progressive" bands....cool parts but not all that interesting on the whole.

You probably mean Frances the Mute. Listen to De-loused in the Comatorium first then get into their other stuff.

Amputechture is probably my least favorite from them, most fans agree its their weakest effort (even the band calls it their "autistic child"). De-loused is a great record, and I think you will definitely enjoy it if you give it some time.

I just listened to the newest Mars Volta 'Octahedron' and it's great!

I always thought I was the only one who liked Alamaailman Vasarat. They have a lot of respect at the progarchives.com forums and were invited to NEARfest I think, but locally in and around Houston I have yet to find a soul who knows them prior to me introducing them (and subsequently liking them afterward.)

You guys think you got it bad.
I don't know a single person who likes Opeth - and I'm their biggest fan.
So I'm forced to go to every concert by myself. Just saw Mastodon, Isis and Opeth - all by myself.
Really sucks. Part of the fun of music is being able to talk about it with other people.
Meanwhile, I have to listen to them talk about how cool Linkin Park is, or how awesomesauce Tragically Hip are.
Fuck that

You guys think you got it bad.
I don't know a single person who likes Opeth - and I'm their biggest fan.
So I'm forced to go to every concert by myself. Just saw Mastodon, Isis and Opeth - all by myself.
Really sucks. Part of the fun of music is being able to talk about it with other people.
Meanwhile, I have to listen to them talk about how cool Linkin Park is, or how awesomesauce Tragically Hip are.
Fuck that

Well, I definitely don't have it that bad. Most of my friends don't get Opeth, but one of them actually liked it enough to come with me to their gig.

Dark Suns - no one seems to appreciate their sound like I do. I can understand how the vocalist might put them off but to me, he's a breath of fresh air. I love them.

Dark Suns - no one seems to appreciate their sound like I do. I can understand how the vocalist might put them off but to me, he's a breath of fresh air. I love them.

I like Dark Suns. I've got Swanlike and Grave Human Genuine and I like both of them.

Am I the only one who likes Sweden's lounge metal group Hellsongs?

I love them also...

I got the new Mars Volta yesterday and didn't like it the 1st time through...

Well guys...You openend my ears to the bizarre world of Scott Walker. I'm a fan now.

Ever heard of Monoral? not Metal...just Rock; Simple, Nice, Japanese.

Is there somebody else here who knows or even likes old German folk-rockers Ougenweide? They split up in the early eighties but they reunited in the nineties to record one more album called Sol. Am I the only one who likes this album?

I just read on Wikipedia that a new Ougenweide album is planned for 2009 ... that would be cool!