It's a sad day in the life of King Drunkard my friends...

As much a fanboy of the Romans as I claim to be, I blame them for setting the hair length standard of Western civilization.

I wanted long hair before I was into metal. My mom made me get a haircut all through middleschool so I could never grow it out.
Lol. That's sort of the opposite of my situation. My parents have never told me to cut my hair. In fact, they "gave" me long hair in a way, as I didn't have my first hair cut until around preschool age, and I mean trim, not short hair-do/cut.

Conclusion, some people used to have short hair, but when they started listening to metal, they saw band members with long hair, and then they started to grow long hair, and then they found out that long hair looks great on them, so they never wanted to get a hair cut.

Conclusion, some people used to have short hair, but when they started listening to metal, they saw band members with long hair, and then they started to grow long hair, and then they found out that long hair looks great on them, so they never wanted to get a hair cut.

[/thread]

I agree with this to a point.

Before getting into metal I'd never seen a bloke with long hair who didn't look like an utter faggot :lol:
Then suddenly all the band members in the bands I listen to have it. So I started growing it out.
I can't really make a decision yet because it's still at emo length, but when it gets long I'll decide if it looks shit or not.

I had long hair before I got into metal. But I was was always the guy who did the opposite of what was popular in school