JRT12's Stinnett Guitar build

Brilliant thread MH. :headbang: A1 craftmanship.

Take the edge off where the forearm rests (whilst seated) though. My Hellraiser annoys the crap out or me due to that square edge there.

+1 billion to a forearm cut; it may look awkward on a carved top body, but fuck it, in this case function over form! (and it especially annoys me on my arch-top RG when I play live)

+ 2 billion if you do a scoop like on the John Petrucci music man! those things lock you in

Thought about that the other day, i think Petrucci`s guitar looks awesome, but also, looks extremly comfortable with that forearm cut, and +1 on the hellraiser, i get used, with it annoys.

and BTW, that guitar is looking awesome!!, i`m having GAS haha

Kind of hard to see much here, but I'm drilling for the side dots:
100_2277Medium.jpg

Glue em in and snip em off:
100_2278Medium.jpg

Then file em flush
100_2279Medium.jpg

Face dots going in:
100_2280Medium.jpg

Looks normal to me (and it's definitely a 6-string judging by the pic of the Floyd ;)), it's probably just an optical illusion from being unmounted

Just after gluing on the fingerboard:
100_2312Medium.jpg

Making some reference marks for carving away the heel:
100_2313Medium.jpg

The first bit of carving the volute:
100_2316Medium.jpg

Roughing in the heel end:
100_2318Medium.jpg

Shaving the neck to size:
100_2319Medium.jpg

Getting closer:
100_2321Medium.jpg

Closer still:
100_2322Medium.jpg

And now for a ton of sanding, starting with the heel:
100_2323Medium.jpg

Mostly sanded to shape:
100_2324Medium.jpg

In place so you can see the comfy heel:
100_2327Medium.jpg

100_2328Medium.jpg

I've made little cardboard templates off of some necks that I like and I carve the neck until the templates fit over it nicely. I think you can see them in a couple of the pics.
Alot of it is just feel though. I hold the neck in my hand and judge the shape as I go too.