katatonia forum guy committed suicide

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
do you remember the_joy_of_grief who posted here some time ago?

well, he committed suicide.

here's a link to read more about this, posted by dan anderson from agalloch:
http://bloggingtowardsarmageddon.blogspot.com/

that guy sent me a pm last summer, he was in belgrade for a day (was in budapest the day before) and wanted to meet to grab a beer or something.

firstly i was going for it, and we exchanged some pms to arrange a meeting and stuff, but unexpectedly i had unique chance that to go to the seaside with my friends that day and had a train to catch that very day when florian (the_joy_of_grief) was in belgrade.

so we never met.

i tried to rearrange his meeting to meet my bass player instead of me; but flo never showed up.

his band was called escape the day. i remember the music was pretty good, with some slowdive influences if i remember correctly.

im sad i didnt make it that day to meet him.. maybe he would have changed his mind about committing it - at least for another couple of months; after all, there can be some really crazy night parties over here heh. :)

hope hes on some better place now.

Cerulean said:
Aw this ain't good...

It's not. I don't like hearing things like this. I remember him posting. I was looking through some of his posts and he seemed really nice and down-to-earth with a good sense of humour. His last post was on the 10th of December where he simply quoted "we die, we all". He had probably been thinking about it for a long time. This makes me extremely sad... and that's an understatement. I wish I could have helped somehow. Life is so fucked up.

Sad, very sad... I remember him well, even met him 2-3 times, he was a very nice person but you never know what's really going on in someone's mind...
Rest in peace, Florian.

Cis said:
Sad, very sad... I remember him well, even met him 2-3 times, he was a very nice person but you never know what's really going on in someone's mind...
Rest in peace, Florian.

Yes, Cis. You never know what's really going on...
How can live be so fucked up that there's no way to continue?
I didn't knew him, but it makes me sad.
Rest in peace

that's very, very sad.
i checked escape the day when he posted the links and i found it very interesting, in fact i was so surprisingly pleased, that once i even checked out his profile in order to find maybe some news about his band and i remember somewhere i read something like i'm keeping myself from commiting suicide, something alike. i didn't paid much attention to that then but now that i read what happened... plus it comes to my mind that guy he had in sig. uh.

Rest in peace Florian.