Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
Funny thing is, they're supporting Moonspell. That implies they're still pretty small fish because I can't believe Moonspell have a bigger following than Katatonia. That said, Moonspell might have a big gothic following and there are goths everywhere.

JayKeeley said:
Funny thing is, they're supporting Moonspell.
Or did moonspell.com just make a random flyer in Photoshop and put their name at the top just for the hell of it? It's probably a co-headlining deal am i rite?

They may be overrated but what about Moonspell then (obvious bands following the Opethian syndrome need not be mentionned)?

Erik said:
Or did moonspell.com just make a random flyer in Photoshop and put their name at the top just for the hell of it? It's probably a co-headlining deal am i rite?

Maybe so, but even then I didn't realize Moonspell were even that popular. Nevertheless, what seems certain is that Moonspell will take to the stage after Katatonia.

EDIT: Maybe the Kat-boys like to get an early night. :loco:

Bands that were once Metal that are now 'progressive' ,hailed by many as the best that Metal has to offer, who have gained 90% of their fans because they changed orientation . Examples include recent Enslaved, Arcturus and all this shit like that. Yes that might be harsh and wrong but that's how I see things. And I'm not even a true metaller or what the fuck you call it.

Katatonia can't be overrated because they're that damn good.

And speaking of moonspell, up until this new release I always considered them vastly UNDERrated. Fortunately this seems to have turned around finally.

jimbobhickville said:
I listened to two full Katatonia CDs a few years back. There were probably 2 good songs and the rest was boring. Maybe I should give them another try someday. I hear the new one is teh best evar!!!1

Music that has any depth to it at all, requires multiple listens. Your "ostrich head in the sand" knowledge when it comes to music is apparent from your responses in the March Madness thread. Honestly, how much music do you experiment with on a yearly basis? 5-6 new albums? This shows me that metal and music in general is nothing more than a leisurely activity for you. Your a person who goes out and buys the top 3 ranked albums buy Terrorizer, then calls it a year. Fuck mate, put some effort in to this art will ye? Not everything is going to grab you by the balls like the New In Flames...Just a word of advice is all. :cool: