Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
Brave Murder Day > Other Three Songs

Although I grew to appreciate those as well eventually. That album rules so hard for rainy days.

Reign in Acai said:
Music that has any depth to it at all, requires multiple listens. Your "ostrich head in the sand" knowledge when it comes to music is apparent from your responses in the March Madness thread. Honestly, how much music do you experiment with on a yearly basis? 5-6 new albums? This shows me that metal and music in general is nothing more than a leisurely activity for you. Your a person who goes out and buys the top 3 ranked albums buy Terrorizer, then calls it a year. Fuck mate, put some effort in to this art will ye? Not everything is going to grab you by the balls like the New In Flames...Just a word of advice is all. :cool:

Umm, I think Jimbob is the founder of Librarius Metallicus, so while you may disagree with him, he probably listens to more than 5 or 6 new albums a year.

Early material = great
Rock stuff = hasn't grabbed me

Pass (edit: over "fail")

NAD: Rainroom!

Ohh I agree, when I first get CD's I always listen to them straight through several times. Im speaking of later on, when you have a good feel for the CD and know which songs you enjoy more than others. Some CD's I still always listen to them start to finish for a variety of reasons.

Pyrus said:
I like 'em. Which is weird, cause they're like, emo and thoughtful and wimpy and I should hate them, but Last Fair Deal is a really fucking cool album.
The funny thing (and I've said this before) is that you like the one album of theirs that absolutely SUCKS. (And is by far the wimpiest)

I think Viva Emptiness is brilliant but it took a good while to realize that

Look, Tonight's Decision is sorrowful, LFDGD is happycrap ("Sweet Nurse"). Also TD didn't have all those irritating, shitty "alternative" and "electronic" influences (jesus motherfucking goat on a stick what were they thinking with "We Must Bury You"... what a complete fucking abortion of a song) and dumbfuck downtuned crap riffing ("Clean Today")

And they sing through distortion boxes. I hear MILES of difference between TD and LFDGD -- the only songs I can even stand on LFDGD are "Dispossession" and "Tonight's Music" and they're not very good compared to almost any other Katatonia song ever

"My Twin" and "Leaders" are instant hit-o-matics but eh

Some of the new B-sides ("Dissolving Bonds", "Code Against the Code") are pretty much better than anything on the album

I have to say also that the LYRICS on the last two albums have been absolutely outstanding. Renkse is AWESOME

Yeah for me LFDGD will always be a huge WTF moment. Katatonia has had an unbroken run of fucking great stuff from the first demo tape to the new single but that particular album dipped deep into the ocean of HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING to drink a few thousand gallons of WHY IN THE NAME OF FUCK ARE YOU DOING IT

i like a lot of stuff on LFDGD but yeah sweet nurse and we must bury you are total abortions

no way these guys are overrated...they have their share of fanboys but just cuz they aren't tr00 gr1mm kvlt anymore doesn't make them overrated