Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
you know, i thought as i opened up to more styles of music i'd lose appreciation for this band, but every time i come back to them i only find myself loving them more!

I don't even hear them talked about much, but then again I don't exactly look for it (i.e. go to the Katatonia forum, I don't want to be swallowed into the cavernous idol-worshipping pit that follows such a band). So I would say no, though I'm still fairly new to the band.

i gotta admit, Discouraged Ones is awesome. I also really like Viva Emptiness and LFDGD. TD is just good.

mood fitting music these days.

Discouraged Ones is the last release I picked up from them. I heard snippets of more recent material, but it never seemed to connect. I wonder about revisiting from time to time.

I still kick myself for selling Jhva Elohim Meth.

after listening recently i can say i do not like viva emptiness at all anymore really. gonna listen to last fair deal for the first time in years probably...

edit: well i think i like disposession more than any track of v.e. already

new album is coming in november, night is the new day

lfdgd sucks shit, everything else they did is gold. total fanboy forever.

p.s. posting this from my cellphone. its the future

I hadn't spared a thought about this band in years. Gotta listen to Tonight's Decision tonight, it's the release that resembles the band best imo. Discouraged Ones is great (maybe need to buy it someday), Last Gay Deal has its moments, I couldn't connect to either the previous and the later stuff.

brave murder day is literally the best album ever made by anyone might wanna check that out

as y'all will learn after reading my top whatever of the decade thing, "viva emptiness" is this band's masterwork of the 00's and that's that

Son of a bitch. I pretty much wrote these guys off after Discouraged Ones. I really enjoyed that album but Last Fair Deal... did nothing for me so it was over. Over the past few days I've heard tracks from the two most recent albums and I thought they were great. Now I have to catch up.

i kinda did the same thing. DO, TD, LFDGD and Viva are all very good. i havent gotten into Great Cold Distance or the new one.