Learning Swedish?

Har ingen att fråga de närmaste dagarna så jag tycker det är värt ett försök här på forumet (inte så många svenskar kvar tror jag men ändå..)
Heter det "erfarenhet av" eller "erfarenhet från"? Eller kan man säga både och? Tycker själv att det sista ("från" alltså) låter lite konstigt i sammanhanget och google ger mindre träffar också - men vad vet jag ;) Tacksam för svar.

Har ingen att fråga de närmaste dagarna så jag tycker det är värt ett försök här på forumet (inte så många svenskar kvar tror jag men ändå..)
Heter det "erfarenhet av" eller "erfarenhet från"? Eller kan man säga både och? Tycker själv att det sista ("från" alltså) låter lite konstigt i sammanhanget och google ger mindre träffar också - men vad vet jag ;) Tacksam för svar.

Båda fungerar väl egentligen, även om "erfarenhet av" helt klart är det mest använda.

Båda två är riktiga, men betyder olika saker. Erfarenhet av (f.ex. Jag har erfarenhet av att skala bananer)- Experienced in (I'm experienced in peeling bananas), Erfarenhet från (f.ex. Jag har erfarenhet från skolan av det) - Experience from (I have experience from school with that).

Erfarenhet av kan också skrivas som Erfaren med. För att använda samma mening igen; Jag har erfarenhet av att skala bananer, eller, Jag är erfaren med att skala bananer. Betyder exakt samma, men olika sätt att böja meningen på.
Hoppas att det hjälpte :)

Defiance: That is Norska/Norwegian. Hehe.

Danish is difficult for me. There are some things that I do understand, but when people say it to me, I stare at them like.. what? Hehe. It is easier for me to understand Norwegian than Danish. But of course you must look at my dialect and where I am from, right near the country of Norway. But still a different melody than us.
It is kind of difficult to explain.
If you're(anybody) not really willing to put dedication into learning, then just quit. Because, there is more than learning it - if you want to understand everybody that is. As for an example if you are a person from Stockholm or Norrtälje or something... you will have a hard time understanding me. First off all, my dialect comes from Åre with influences from Färgelanda because I lived there for so long. Kind of a mix of the both. Not to mention a lot of words that I use, are old - since I was basically taught by my Great Grandparents. Not saying that you cannot understand me, but for some people it is difficult. Especially younger generations of kids, or teeny bopers.

Men dansk kan du godt forstå? ;)

Actually, I do. Men = but, kan du godt forstå = can you good understand. I know German and it's very similar in many ways to Scandinavian languages.

e.g.:
kan - kann
du - du
godt - gut
forstå - verstehen (that "v" is pronounced as an /f/ so they're actually quite similar phonologically speaking).

Svarthjärtad;8194448 said:
Defiance: That is Norska/Norwegian. Hehe.

Danish is difficult for me. There are some things that I do understand, but when people say it to me, I stare at them like.. what? Hehe. It is easier for me to understand Norwegian than Danish. But of course you must look at my dialect and where I am from, right near the country of Norway. But still a different melody than us.
It is kind of difficult to explain.
If you're(anybody) not really willing to put dedication into learning, then just quit. Because, there is more than learning it - if you want to understand everybody that is. As for an example if you are a person from Stockholm or Norrtälje or something... you will have a hard time understanding me. First off all, my dialect comes from Åre with influences from Färgelanda because I lived there for so long. Kind of a mix of the both. Not to mention a lot of words that I use, are old - since I was basically taught by my Great Grandparents. Not saying that you cannot understand me, but for some people it is difficult. Especially younger generations of kids, or teeny bopers.

Ja, jeg vet men jeg snakker ikke Svensk, bare litt Norsk.

That's very interesting, can you write some words and their meaning in that weird dialect of yours please? :)

One thing that I've noted is how funny (for me) some Norwegian names are. I met a guy name Knut in Norge, but I guess it's quite a standard name. But I am wondering, are names like "Kruk" (or "Krok," I'm not sure) and Snorre common? The latter is the name of a Dansk/Norsk guy who's doing a MA in Latin-American studies in my Uni. Nice guy too :) .

Snorre would be a fairly archaic name I imagine, but still used none the less. Just think of Snorri Sturluson.

Svarthjärtad do you play kloter? I miss playing kloter. I miss Jämtland; I spent alot of time there in 2006, in Östersund. So I have alot of experience with Jamska and should be able to understand you fine! It's those folk down in Skåne I have the most trouble with!

e.g.:
kan - kann
du - du
godt - gut
forstå - verstehen (that "v" is pronounced as an /f/ so they're actually quite similar phonologically speaking)

Well, I suppose Danish in some aspects could be seen as a mix of German and Swedish; just as Norwegian can be seen as a mix between Danish and Swedish.
It's interesting to see how languages and dialects blend with each other if you take any given geographical route, in my opinion.

Well, I suppose Danish in some aspects could be seen as a mix of German and Swedish; just as Norwegian can be seen as a mix between Danish and Swedish.
It's interesting to see how languages and dialects blend with each other if you take any given geographical route, in my opinion.

It's especially interesting when it comes to romance languages. There is a so-called continuum (that's what you mean with "blending") of the dialects from southern Italy to northern France or western Portugal. It was even more ditinctive some hundred years ago.

But there is no real continuum between west Germanic and north Germanic languages because the North was cut from the other Germanic tribes for some hundred years BC. But at the borders they have some more things in common nowadays because of cultural contact and everything.

Båda två är riktiga, men betyder olika saker. Erfarenhet av (f.ex. Jag har erfarenhet av att skala bananer)- Experienced in (I'm experienced in peeling bananas), Erfarenhet från (f.ex. Jag har erfarenhet från skolan av det) - Experience from (I have experience from school with that).

Erfarenhet av kan också skrivas som Erfaren med. För att använda samma mening igen; Jag har erfarenhet av att skala bananer, eller, Jag är erfaren med att skala bananer. Betyder exakt samma, men olika sätt att böja meningen på.
Hoppas att det hjälpte :)

Låter helt logiskt. Betydelseskillnaden har jag faktiskt funderat över ett tag utan att riktigt komma fram till något. Tack för förklaringen! :)

That's awesome. I'm suprised they offer that in Germany.
In USA, I've noticed, they only offer Spanish, German, French. Some schools are requireing EVERYBODY to learn(and pass) Spanish. Even some jobs are pretty much forcing people to learn it, because of the Mexicans invading this place. In Sweden, we don't have to learn Arabic, they invade us! Hehe. Damn USA.

Svarthjärtad;8219266 said:
In USA, I've noticed, they only offer Spanish, German, French. Some schools are requireing EVERYBODY to learn(and pass) Spanish. Even some jobs are pretty much forcing people to learn it, because of the Mexicans invading this place. In Sweden, we don't have to learn Arabic, they invade us! Hehe. Damn USA.

As an American who has lived here her entire life, I'm fully in support of the Mexicans invading us. For they bring with them their FOOD!

Seriously. I'd maim for a good Habanero salsa.

Svarthjärtad;8219266 said:

We took over two thirds of Mexico in 1848, that's why there's so many Mexicans! And we took over Cuba and Puerto Rico... when you take over places, that's what happens! You inherit those people, too.

I don't mind if they come here to serve the country a good. But when you come here illegally, I hate that. It should be standard for learning English when comming.
Does people learn Swedish for me or Afrikaans(South Africa) for my friend? NO!!! :(
Makes me upset. I need a beer! ;)

Svarthjärtad;8222646 said:
I don't mind if they come here to serve the country a good. But when you come here illegally, I hate that. It should be standard for learning English when comming.
Does people learn Swedish for me or Afrikaans(South Africa) for my friend? NO!!! :(
Makes me upset. I need a beer! ;)

Before this gets turned into the Immigration Thread, I do want to point out that most of the Mexican immigrants do want to come here legally - but it's impossible for them to do so. This is one of the things that the Obama Administration wants to change, to make it easier for people to come here.

And the USA doesn't have an 'official language'. So making them learn English? No need, if they can function without it. In Seattle, you can vote in Mandarin if you want. And, the top languages spoken in my neighborhood? Somali and Cantonese :)