i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
Aye, lifting slays. About to order a power rack from rogue. Squatting on a multi rack is a pain in the arse with the 4 inch spacing. Also going to build a platform for deads. Want to hit some PRs before I'm legit an old geezer. Not too far off. Anyone younger than 30 on this board? Dont think kids listen to metal these days. Definitely was a fad that came and went.

Pussies

ive always thrived in a fitness environment with multiple peeps under the direction of a trainer. did it in school, doing it now. my classes are usually small (7 or less) with both dudes and chicks. i admit i struggle with a lot of the moves, but i will learn. hell, most of the girls do more weight at the moment, because my grasp of the moves is less than perfect (ive only gone about 9 times).

i cant do the gym thing. no one directing you, resting in the ac, able to just leave if you aint feeling it. fuck that.

39 here

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Whatever works for ye best breh. People thrive in different environments. I primarily have a gym membership for cardio equipment. Said equipment not worth purchasing given the wear and tear they endure over time. Granted they're getting abused by dozens of people on the daily, but I just dont wish to invest in such a contraption. Free weights for the most part never wear beyond usability, so solid investment.

Only group class I wouldnt mind taking up is a martial art. Though with work, home life (got wedded last yr), and advanced age (36), dont feel like torquing a ligament or two. Took classes a decade ago, loved it, but ye definitely need to be focused and not half assing your way through.

A few years ago I made tremendous strides in the gym then I moved away from the local gym and my workouts have fizzled. I struggle at the gym nowadays. I've supplemented those gym workouts with jiu-jitsu, muay thai, and kettlebell classes and it's really turned around my workouts. Just having someone there pushing you is incredible.

Though I've already injured my knee so I haven't even been able to hit up my jiu jitsu class but it's recovering and I'll be back to it in a week.

im starting with kettlebell's this year too, really enjoy it. Wish my shitty little gym had more and higher weights, being capped at 30 is annoying

Working out reminds me of when Kenny Powers said "I'm not trying to be the best at exercising"

Reactions: rms
Still going to crossfit everyday im in town. Bigger chest and arms, slimmer stomach and i lost my other chin. Feel so much better. Pants are looser, and i stopped taking my anxiety/antidepressant medication, unbeknownst to the wife. And this is barely over two months going.

Job is getting tougher and more demanding, but you cant beat working from home.

Marriage is getting better as well. We were on the precipice of separation. But we are both making solid efforts to stay together and is definitely improving.

7 months later...

Turned 40 in December. Kinda sucks tbh. Work is still going I guess. Not too bad. The travelling (flying) pretty much every week can wear you down.

But I gotta say, I still go to Crossfit every day I'm in town. 9 months after I started the changes are easy to identify. Did my first competition today and got my as handed to me. However, I was going against peeps who have competed before and have been doing it longer. Still had fun, but Im gonna feel it tomorrow. 4 work-outs in 4 hours. ugh

Are you guys still there?