i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
8/10 I suppose. However, I always say that because if I think 7/10 or less I say "shut up, whiner" and also 9/10 or greater is a total lie. 7/10 is being greedy, 9/10 is good sex. Neither one is sustainable. Below that is troublesome requiring reflection and change, if at all possible. Above that? HA! Drunk as shit and howling with laughter, maybe for 2 seconds?

A few months ago I quit my band after over 5 years which felt really bizarre, although necessary. My second longest relationship ever. Otherwise, job good, marriage good, spend a regular amount of time in the forest, cars still running (Mazda has a new leak, w00t!), etc. Drank too much over the past 6 weeks and gained some weight, but I can shed that.

So yeah, 8/10.

Life is going good. Just turned 41. After 14 years of marriage, the wife and I decided to split. We are still friends and the split was amicable. We do have two kids together, so we need to remain on good terms for them. I moved out on Labor Day. Jumped on these dating apps that are so hip these days. Went on lots of dates. Met a single mom (sugar momma, she makes a lot of $) and we screw all the time.

The job is....a job. Pays well, but it not really what I want to do and it's too much travelling. If they fired me tomorrow, I'd be like cool, I will find something better.

Still doing Crossfit and it's basically what I want to do all day. I tried Orange Theory 3 times (Crossfit for pussies afraid of a barbell) and 24 Hour Fitness (fancy equipment that no one knows how use and trainers are shit). Crossfit is the way to go.

Still listen to metal almost exclusively. So yeah, 7/10. When I get a better job it'll be a 8/10 or maybe 9/10

Marriage 9/10
Job 9/10
Fitness 8/10
Overall Family 6/10

Legit only bs in my life is out of my control.

Mother in law has stage 4 cancer, so dont see the misses two days out of the week.

Kicked my shitbag mother to the curb. Got so bad, I ended up changing my number. Bint hooked up with some dude on the internet, went off the deep end with alcohol, started a fuck ton of drama. Has since rehabbed .but damage done. Sick of her being in my life to even a fractional degree.

Joined a kvlt gym that has more squat racks than cardio equipment. Good on that front, just need to curb my diet to a degree snd lessen the booze intake.

Metal- still primary form of music, rarely go to gigs nowadays. Last gig ran into Ali near the camode, gave him a man hug. Didnt seem like he gave two shats though. Love ye anyways sir.

Tis all.

I'd be fibbing if I told ye that I didn't feel slightly affronted by the interaction in retrospect. After said manly embrace, i invited the kind gent to have a frosty one with us right next to the bar. It wasn't a huge fest by any stretch of the imagination, fairly small venue, no more than 250 gents in attendance.

Where did we go wrong? :eek:

So he’s in Cali now? He pulled a NAD-like disappearing act without the “now you see me, now you don’t” pinwheel.

I just secured kickass tickets to see King Crimson so I’d say that life has reached some crazy ass heights.

King Crimson still doing the triple drummer thing? Caught that act in 2017 and it was fucking amazing to a level beyond all forms of comprehension.

Please note that that is a true statement, not some type of hyperbole. Seeing King Crimson live has been a life-changing experience for me twice so far.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
King Crimson still doing the triple drummer thing? Caught that act in 2017 and it was fucking amazing to a level beyond all forms of comprehension.

Please note that that is a true statement, not some type of hyperbole. Seeing King Crimson live has been a life-changing experience for me twice so far.

I'm pretty sure, yes. You aren't the only one who has said as such, particularly about that lineup. I'm beyond stoked.

I've started a reply to this thread so many times and always quit halfway through. Life is just "ok." Plenty of crap but also some good stuff.

life is good--got married in november, honeymoon in portugal. Am now in my 11th year of teaching--have now been teaching 8th grade longer than high school :rofl: Recently got a bread machine -first loaf was a complete success (cranberry walnut for the win :kickass:).

life is good--got married in november, honeymoon in portugal. Am now in my 11th year of teaching--have now been teaching 8th grade longer than high school :rofl: Recently got a bread machine -first loaf was a complete success (cranberry walnut for the win :kickass:).

Where in Portugal? I went to Cascais a few years ago and it was awesome. Lisbon was cool but Sintra was fucking amazing.

We did a little over two weeks. Started in Lisbon, which we loved. We air bnb'ed it right with the the Mouraria neighborhood a bit to the north . Old winding alleys, good food, very old, no room for cars--was awesome. Did a few small food tours, street art ones--the Alfama neighborhood was right next to it, also old--closer to the water. Love that there was pastelaria's everywhere--so much espresso, pastries --

We also did Sintra, with a tour guide (was only two other people with us)--was also awesome. We went to Quinta da Regaleira--with the inverted well. Tour guide had a van, and was driving up the hills of Sintra going around turns just beeping the horn hoping nobody would be on the other side-- would have never been able to drive that. Once we got to the top we ate at assorted meats at a local spot--ended that day at the cliffs of Cabo de Roca--amazing.

Rented a car after Lisbon [no thanks driving in Lisbon]-did Evora, Obidos (got to walk the entire length of the castle walls), Coimbra, and ended with a few days in Porto--where we continued to eat really well--gorged ourselves on bifanas'and we tried the Francesinha-also good. Ended with 3 days in Madrid-which was also great.