i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
How's the post office? Was reading about rural delivery the other day. What's the end game with the postal route position wise?

The post office SUCKS!
busy as fuck and it's fucking August
Earlier last week I was just on packages. Had to deliver 300 lbs of cat litter to one house.
People order dog food constantly.
After you finish your route you have to go help the people that are behind.
Yesterday the new guy was on the smallest route. He was still at the beginning at 5pm.
None of his small packages were in order. He just threw them in tubs. "bro, that's why you're going so fucking slow!!!!"
None of his mail was rubberbanded. Instead he would have stuff facing forward, backward, forward, backward.

The trucks are fucking awful!
Without overtime the pay is meh
Supervisors are dumb as fuck
random ass days off
put in for days off a month ahead, it gets denied
Don't get to hangout with my wife.
Don't get to handout with bros.
I have 46.3 miles on my bikes this year...

I'm trying to get on at the state. Give me Monday-Friday again!

One of my friends was a carrier for about 5 years, and this was well before the pandemic-related increase in mail volume. The general consensus is that it pays the bills, but everything else fucking blows. You can stick it out for decades and make some pretty good money, but you'll be completely dead inside before that happens. Don't worry Frank, I have faith that you'll get out of there alive.

Got asked to come in extra today for double pay. Wish I would’ve said no. Fuck this.

I hate the USPS too. A package says delivered today, and yet it aint in my fucking mailbox.

how fucking hard is that! match the fucking numbers!

got my package. it was safely in some new automated mail box at my apt complex that i was unaware of. uses QR codes and all this new fangled shit.

in other news, Virginia chick is back in Virginia, so it's back to spanking it. No doubt she'll be back for some kielbasa. In the mean time, gym, kids, work and whatever else Jeff wants to do

Had to work my day off yesterday.
Next day off is Tuesday. Will be 11 days in a row.
Yesterday I was EXHAUSTED!!!
I normally crush my primary route. Get done around 3ish. Yesterday it was a little after 5.
Hopefully I feel better today, because today is going to suck. We have new people on routes they've never seen. So I have to get done early to help these dudes.
Also, I'm dealing with back pain. Not my normal spot, this is new. Every time I reach for a box, there's pain.
Must crush my route today! May be a 7:30-8:00 day.

Frank in the not-so-distant future

15-Office-Space-quotes.gif

Yesterday was INSANE!
Started off on rt3. It's the little route on the lake.
Put up all the flats (magazines and shit)
Lady on the giant stupid route found out that her mom had died overnight.
So her sub had to move off of the route she was on, to do the stupid route.
Which means I had to move off my easy lake route to do the route she was on.
She basically did nothing, loaded some packages in the LLV.
So I'm starting this route, late as fuck.
Basically, we all got out of the office at 2:30-3:00
Finished my route (first time doing the whole thing) at 6:30
Went to the gas station to piss, get snacks, and Gatorade.
Met another sub around 7. He's on probably the worst rural route in the building.
He was still in the first subdivision.
Supervisor is pissed. He sent two city carriers to help. We gave them mail and smalls (little packages that are in tubs all in order)
I took a tray of mail at the end of the route and 3 or 4 tubs of smalls.
FUCKING DARK! Horrible to deliver in. Can't see shit in the LLV, but when you turn the light on, you can't see shit outside.
I flew through the smalls, but once I got to the address with the mail, it was rough!
Not many mailboxes have numbers. I was just slinging shit. Fuck yo mail!!!
Slam on the gas, slam on the brakes... every fucking box!
By the time we got back to the office and cleaned up some shit, it was 9:00
fml

Reactions: NAD