i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
it's easy to say "your young, go travel and party and blah blah" but you're leaving out something. That requires MONEY. somethine I don't have, i dunno about erik.

I didn't have any money in college either! I got a job, and my parents helped me out a bit.

I will not be naive enough to ignore the fact that shit is more expensive today than it was 10-15 years ago.

Reign in Acai said:
Mr Gugs,

May I ask what has put you so deeply in debt?

Sure, I'm very open about it.

In short, I have a gambling problem. I say "have" like an alcoholic is always supposed to say they're an alcoholic, not that they were an alcoholic.

Anyway, I was really crushing in sales, circa 2000-2003, just making more money than a 28-year-old should have, and I started sports betting, heavily. Well it got out of hand. I lost a little over $50K in 3 years. Then the bottom dropped out of the market I was in, and it's been an uphill climb ever since. Add in rising cost of living (in NY/NJ), more expenses, and my foolish spending habits, and voila! Lots of debt.

I'm doing a little better at it, I'm nearly done w/ my student loan. And within the next 3 months, I'll wipe out 3 of the smaller debts. Which leaves the big one (debt consolidation), but that's a program I'm a part of that I'll be paying off until I'm 36 (another 3 1/2 years).

It's all good, it just kind of delayed the progression in my life for a bit.

FYI, and I only say it because I'm proud of myself, Dec. 19th, 2005 was the exact 3-year anniversary of the last time I made a sports bet.

MadeInNewJersey said:

In short, I have a gambling problem. I say "have" like an alcoholic is always supposed to say they're an alcoholic, not that they were an alcoholic.

Anyway, I was really crushing in sales, circa 2000-2003, just making more money than a 28-year-old should have, and I started sports betting, heavily. Well it got out of hand. I lost a little over $50K in 3 years. Then the bottom dropped out of the market I was in, and it's been an uphill climb ever since. Add in rising cost of living (in NY/NJ), more expenses, and my foolish spending habits, and voila! Lots of debt.

I'm doing a little better at it, I'm nearly done w/ my student loan. And within the next 3 months, I'll wipe out 3 of the smaller debts. Which leaves the big one (debt consolidation), but that's a program I'm a part of that I'll be paying off until I'm 36 (another 3 1/2 years).

FYI, and I only say it because I'm proud of myself, Dec. 19th, 2005 was the exact 3-year anniversary of the last time I made a sports bet.

Damn, well I'm glad you quelled the urge and are in the process of getting your life on track.

MadeInNewJersey said:

good for you man, hope it didn't set you back too far

you take the good, you take the bad, you take the rest, and there you have... moose crying on the floor covered in his abusive lovers semen.

i don't get enough exercise or pussy. other than that, i fucking rule.

also this is on page 4 and i didn't read any of the thread. can't imagine what discussed here so far. :dopey:

I can't complain about my life at all, shitz good and I can only seem it getting better, though I'm getting out of college in June and don't know what the fuck to do afterwards but I always have the option of mowing lawns and working on my tinnitus in a tractor 8 hours a day... Shit'll work out

And Erik Perik Brakastrut hål i byxan äschle ut ole buddy ole pal, I'm kinda crap at helping with stuff like this (well, I guess noone but you can REALLY make it happen but eh, most are better than me at least) but I can listen to your bitching at least if you think that'd help!

okay read most of this thread, awesome shit!
Nate The Great said:
Finding any organized activity that you enjoy is CRITICAL in college. Introverts have to force themselves to do it.
i think this is key in any stage of life. if anything, it keeps you distracted from whatever it is that gets you down. the only time i get really bummed out is if i'm bored, which isn't often. there's always a book to read, a movie to watch, a job to go to, a bathroom to clean, a dick to yank, a beer to drink, a forum to invade, or a girl to harass.

oh yeah i'm a bit in debt, so i feel those sort of pains. i pay very little interest on my bullshit and actually have money invested and some (little) cash saved up so i don't often feel bad about it. taxes fucked that all up last year, hopefully this year i'll become debt free. i said that last year, ugh.

once I was NAD said:
i don't get enough exercise or pussy. other than that, i fucking rule.

also this is on page 4 and i didn't read any of the thread. can't imagine what discussed here so far. :dopey:

actually, I thought it's been an excellent thread, you should waste 8.3 minutes and read