MDF ROLL-CALL 2012

Are you going to MDF 2012?

• Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I still don't know. Biggest issue is photopass stuff. I guess it sounds uptight, but I don't want to go and not be able to photograph the bands. You can bring in DSLRs and whatnot, but I'm not carrying around a few thousand worth of gear in a moshpit, or anywhere near one. And going to a show without a camera is hard to enjoy :erk: (concert photography is a double edged sword in that sense). I emailed them but haven't gotten response. Hopefully will know in a few weeks.

Hey Chase, my webzine went down temporarily, but I'm pretty hopeful to get a few interviews down at MDF, which entails a photo pass as well. I'm presuming we could be part of the same "crew".

As an addendum/weird random news...Brad, though he probably cannot come, has related to me that Pagan Altar might play...or perhaps Alan is just going by himself...the Facebook post is weird + non-specific:

If Pagan Altar plays then this mdf will be fucking incredible

Hey Chase, my webzine went down temporarily, but I'm pretty hopeful to get a few interviews down at MDF, which entails a photo pass as well. I'm presuming we could be part of the same "crew".

I can get interviews and whatnot with no problem (I do all sorts of stuff through Earsplit PR which are a great help, since I do stuff for http://www.theinarguable.com/), but I'm pretty sure that doesn't entail a photopass?

I'm definitely going for all four days. I don't care which room I'm in either, tbh.

This. Although, considering a lot of the bands this year are merely "cool" in my eyes, I will be partying a lot, so you can throw me in the 21+ room and I'll just pass out when I black out at 7:00 am with Dan and Kevin and the French Canadians.

Alright, Jeremy and I are going to be planning the hotel SOON...

we need to know who is down for either room. We are going to do a "party room" and a "non-party/calm room". There may be incest between the rooms (for instance, in 2010 there were two (2) nights I would've rather slept than partied so I went to the kiddie room...this may happen to you as well) but we need enough people in each room to justify booking them. Please let us know what you want to do and where you want to be, and keep in mind the incestuousness of the rooms. If it is too unbalanced, we may assign you to the other room with less people, but...yeah. You get it, right? We don't give a fuck, we just can't have 439587 people in one room.

Rock on.

I cant give a definite answer about being able to pitch in for a room until we get closer to May...Being on the road I dont know if I'll have enough cash to dump on a room. As it is looking now, I will be crustin' it up on the streets. The only thing I know I will definitely need is to keep my bag in one of the rooms...

EDIT: Also, if anyone is driving from the east coast area (FL, GA, NC, etc.) get at me, I'd be down to tag along for the roadtrip. I could pitch in for gas.

Alright, looks like I won't be going. Got press credentials for SXSW which is like an entire week, so my money will be going to transportation/housing for that - and MDF never responded to me about a photo pass :/

I want to go in on a room.
I suppose I will go with the 21+
Just let me know how much and I will paypal the money asap.
I think several of you guys have my contact info so just call/text me and give me any details.

I can also pay any time. Once more people are willing to pay, Jeremy and I are going to be looking into rooms. I imagine they are not quite full-up yet but I'll give them a call soon.

Yeah get started on that soon. You're not actually committed to any money until like 24hrs before the reservation takes effect. Good to have more time to collect monies.

I like the idea of starting on wednesday and doing a 5-day stay. It's nice to have an extra day to chill and enjoy company before shit gets crazy.

I actually wouldn't mind 'owning' a room if it means we'll have the chance to do that. If there's like at least 2 other people who want to chill on wednesday, i don't mind splitting that part of the bill with just the other wednesday-goers.

It's not a bad idea at all. I actually have Mondays off at work also, so I could stay that extra day in Baltimore if anyone's down for that. Unless Dan has to work.

You mean spend Monday night in Baltimore too? That's really the only way to be able to hang out, otherwise it's just a miserable trek everywhere with the baggage.

I guess I meant spend all of Monday after the fest, not Monday night as well. On second thought yeah it's a shitty idea. *cries*

Money is pretty fucking tight with me and I don't know if I'd be able to afford another night in the hotel aside from the Thursday-Sunday deal.

I've been browsing around on the SMNnews forums. Some tickets have been sold, so I'll keep my eye out. if all else fails I'll just get a 3 day pass.