Metal 2007...The Official Thread

Not all of this information is on the archives, first of all, and secondly, the search engine is in a state of disrepair at the moment, so you can't search by years. And this is more specific to shit that people on the board actually listen to. And it brings releases to people's attention who would've otherwise had no idea it was coming out.

So basically there are many points of this thread.

I'd rather it continue in the direction of Perdition Insanabilis. Still brutal, but cleaner and calculated. The break-downs on PI are godly.

All of their albums are great but IMO Filth Catalyst stands over Perdition Insanabilis becuase it was more black metal, more blasphemous lyrics and some songs of this albums are mad. Besides it was more brutal. Maybe Orthodoxyn will be a mix of those two albums. I expect it to be calculated as you said and more black like FC.

Municipal Waste - The Art Of Partying (Thrash/Crossover; Earache)

municipalwasterf9.jpg

The albun of the year

Too lazy to see if this has already been added:

Reverend Bizarre - Teutonic Witch single (FUCKING DOOM, Spinefarm), out now

Can this thread be consolidated into a single post?

Or does anyone know of a site listing all the new and upcoming releases. I'm aware of metalstorm.ee but it's hardly comprehensive.

Malfeitor (Ita) - Unio Mystica Maxima (Black Metal, Scarlet Records) - due out September.

They released the cover art today. Fucking sweeet.

coverprevca3.jpg

It's been a really good first half this year and still plenty of more albums to come up.

Neurosis - Given to the Rising(Doom/Experimental, Neurot)
Middian - Age Eternal(Doom, Metal Blade)
Akercocke - Antichrist(Death, Earache)
Red Harvest - A Greater Darkness(Black/Industrial, Season of Mist)
Mithras - Behind the Shadows Lie Madness(Progressive Death, Candlelight)

Can't wait for the new Candlemass, Slough Feg and Municpal Waste.