Metal 2007...The Official Thread

Just stumbled across a new band called C-187 featuring Patrick Mameli (Pestilence) on guitar, Sean Reinert (Cynic) on drums, Tony Choy (Atheist) on bass, and some cunt called Tony Jelencovich (Mnemic) on vocals, who pretty much fucks the whole thing up by sounding really shit. Apparently this is the first time Mameli has done anything since Pestilence fell apart in 93. If only he'd sung on it, his vocals on Testimony of the Ancients are fucking awesome. Anyway the album (Collision) came out a couple of months ago.

A few more albums in serious contention for top ten of 2007:

For Ruin - December
Veneral Disease - Superior Supremacy
Man Must Die - The Human Condition (despite the occasional hardcore-ish overtones)
Crystalium - Doxa O RevelatioN
Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries
Festering Saliva - Realm of the Forgotten
Evocation - Tales from the Tomb
Nunslaughter - Hex

Just stumbled across a new band called C-187 featuring Patrick Mameli (Pestilence) on guitar, Sean Reinert (Cynic) on drums, Tony Choy (Atheist) on bass, and some cunt called Tony Jelencovich (Mnemic) on vocals, who pretty much fucks the whole thing up by sounding really shit. Apparently this is the first time Mameli has done anything since Pestilence fell apart in 93. If only he'd sung on it, his vocals on Testimony of the Ancients are fucking awesome. Anyway the album (Collision) came out a couple of months ago.

Thanks for pointing that out. I can't listen to the MySpace right now, but it should be good stuff. I will definitely check that out.

So far my favorites would be in order...

Therion - Gothic Kabbalah
Planet X- Quantum
Between the Buried and Me - Colors
Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Nothing else I've heard so far was too great,but I may be forgetting something. Moonsorrow was decent, but maybe not worth including here.

Good bit of fair stuff came out though. Overall not that bad of a year for me. I only got mostly popular stuff this year though.

So far my favorites would be in order...

Therion - Gothic Kabbalah
Planet X- Quantum
Between the Buried and Me - Colors
Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Nothing else I've heard so far was too great,but I may be forgetting something. Moonsorrow was decent, but maybe not worth including here.

Good bit of fair stuff came out though. Overall not that bad of a year for me. I only got mostly popular stuff this year though.

There has been a ton of great stuff this year. You really need to catch up soon.

Well, I've been catching up a lot, but mostly on a lot of older stuff, I'm sure there was great stuff, but I myself can only listen to one album at a time.

I fell like I have a fair bit of knowledge on bands & I listen to a ton of different kinds of genres, but I will admit that a lot of the bands I've heard mentioned in this thread I have never heard before.

I have quite a few 2007 albums, just not many of them are too great.

Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today (Stoner Doom Metal; Rise Above Records) - release date 11/5/07

Cover Art:
n1232460105_30224702_4480.jpg

Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today
Middian - Age Eternal
Nord - Year Of No Light
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A
Baroness - Red Album
Municipal Waste - The Art Of Partying
Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Candlemass - King Of The Grey Islands
Dinosaur Jr - Beyond
Threshold - Dead Reckoning

C-187's album is pretty good. I just got it like a week ago. The song names are dumb & the music is kind of pretentious, but the solos are cool. It's a somewhat interesting album.